Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 05 taco and have a burt bulb.I have searched and searched and cant find the answer...... so here it goes, there are two small bulbs that have a brown twist backing on them that you use a flat head screw driver to take them off and put them on. Does anyone have a clue to a bulb number for these or were to get them other than the dealership.:confused:

·
Je déteste le préjugé...
Prerunner AC '05
80 Posts
climate control bulbs are neowedges size 12.15mm, goggle neowedge leds or pm moi. You can also get acorn filament bulbs at Radio Shack, but I wouldn't go that route. No need to solder...

·
This Space For Rent
14,152 Posts
climate control bulbs are neowedges size 12.15mm, goggle neowedge leds or pm moi. You can also get acorn filament bulbs at Radio Shack, but I wouldn't go that route. No need to solder...
Yeah, you're correct. I was getting those mixed up with the dash bulbs. See what old age does to ya? :disappoin

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the info. my brain is scrambled from trying to find them. do you know a good web sight?:thumbsup:

·
J.O.A.T, Master of none
'14 Tacoma DC/LB
2,691 Posts
I thought that those were a molded base bulb so I went to the dealership and bought one. After ripping the old one apart, I see that it is a plastic base and the contacts are actually the leads of the bulbs, easy to duplicate if you have the bulb. Oh well, a $10 lesson learned...

The weird thing about the bulb layout, if the left bulb is burnt out, the right pushbutton goes out and the left one stays on...:confused:

·
Registered
2 Posts
ok I am having a similar problem with my 05 Tacoma. The climate control dials for the speed and temp are still lit up, but the far right dial for face/feet and defrost settings is not lit.

Below that row of dials the A/C button is not back lit, but when button is pressed the button lights up. Howerver the recycled air button works as normal.

I have not checked fuses or anything yet, but I beleive this is just a bulb issue? I search around and found this thread. As well as this info in another thread:

The illumination for the dash comes from 10A fuse IG1 no.2, and the 10A Tail fuse but they also power your gear shift indicator, so a fuse is out as a source.

Is it common for these bulbs to burn out this soon?

·
'Coma Nut
1,210 Posts
I've had really bad luck with the new style bulbs they use in the Taco. In the past 2.5 years, I have replaced 2 in the fog light switch, 1 in the locker switch (it's on the fritz again), and 3 in the climate controls.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts