Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Was the ALL-TRAC is awd at all time or there is a change from awd into fwd while driving for spring, summer, and fall and change fwd to awd for winter, or it's awd at all times??? What's the best gas mileage you had on it, when I looked at website about gas and told me 19 in city and 24 in highway... I found one in ohio and thinking about trading couple cars of mine (93 geo storm and 84 ford bronco II) and probably some cash too to get a 92 black All-Trac... It's good looking car and probably good for the winter driving too... If you have any comments about All-Trac, Please let me know, I'd like to hear more about this model... I'm not sure how much the dealer wanted it for but I'm expecting an e-mail very soon...

Thank a bunch,
Andrew

·
GT-i Crew
632 Posts
Full Time AWD.
Maintenance is REALLY expensive, if your are going for one try to get the full maintenance record or buy it from someone you know personally or thru a friend who drives it like a normal person.

Expecto to pay some heavy $$$ if you don't know the history of the car

·
Registered
28 Posts
If you are talking about the one that's on ebay right now, good luck. It looks like a lot of people had being bidding on it. One thing concerns me is that Ohio cars tend to have lots of rust on the suspensions and underbody, which means headache when you have to work on it, and the other thing is that it does require a lot of attention. The high cost of maintaince is due to labor cause things are more complicated to take apart, for example when I had my valve cover changed, the mechanic quoted me $70 assuming my car is a regular Celica, but then later charged me $180 because they have to take out the intercooler and other stuff before they can reach the value cover. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea, I'm talking about the one on ebay... I'm going pass on this one... I want to get a 90-93 GT-S Black with 5-speed...

Thanks,
Andrew

·
GT-i Crew
632 Posts
STORMINATOR said:
what kind of maintenances do you mean???
Rear diff mounts usually go out if the previous owner has not changed them since he bought the car; Clutch is a real pain in the arse and you'll get charged a bundle just for replacing; turbo oil seals are somethings most people wont even care about; and your regular 5th Gen Power Steering leaks... this last one is a lost cause, you would be lucky if you could find a 5th Gen Celica without a P.S. leak, buy I'll pratically garantee you that you'll get the leak somewhere down the road. :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey, how about get a 5th gen GTS for around $2500, some 7th gen GTS rim for $500, an AllTrac hood for $350, and the RC bumper for $300. Finally some AllTrac emblems from ebay for $20-30. Now you got yourself a nice looking Celica:D.
Total price --> $3680.

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
How about..... screw the look alike mods.... and drop a 3sgte in there like it should be.

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
3SGTE is a 2.0L turbo engine that comes in the MR2's and All-trac Celicas... later in the Caldinas in Japan. The 5sgte is when you take a 3sgte head... and put it on a 5sfe block.... making it a 2.2L Turbo engine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 5th gen AllTrac and my power steering doesn't leak. Ah ha ha... it really needs some new paint, though. First/previous owner parked it out on the street a lot and it's more pink than red right now.

Er, the point of this was going to be that the awd *is* great in winter. Decent mileage, too. I took a 1400 mile road trip this past January and stopped for gas four times, including the initial fueling before the trip and when I got home.

·
Registered
13 Posts
akahai said:
Hey, how about get a 5th gen GTS for around $2500, some 7th gen GTS rim for $500, an AllTrac hood for $350, and the RC bumper for $300. Finally some AllTrac emblems from ebay for $20-30. Now you got yourself a nice looking Celica:D.
Total price --> $3680.
This is sacrilege:disappoin

1 - 19 of 19 Posts