Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
TN's Resident Car Whore!
'95 DSM Eclipse RS
5,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how hard it is to do the whole removal of the amber plastic out of a 93 cam tailight. I would order the red/clear tails but seeing that i live in Belize and it would be a pain to get it here and costly i was wondering if it is really that hard to heat up, remove the amber plastic and re install the taillight. Would it be really hard and worth it to do? Also i want to know because if i mess it up i won't have any money to buy new tails this is why i was wondering about the level of dificulty. I know i've seen my bro take out his amber out of his '98 sonoma headlight. would it be any more difficult than that? Your help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Ford Powered
1999 Ford Mustang
439 Posts
if u don't do it rite you'll end up needing new tails, but if you think you can get it done go for it. it seems pretty difficult, and i think it's worth the time and money to just get some red/clears shipped to u.

·
TN's Resident Car Whore!
'95 DSM Eclipse RS
5,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
believe me it's not worth the money if i can do it myself. shipping prices to belize suck and i would barely have enough for the tails.

Also does anyone know the correct method of doing this.

·
Ford Powered
1999 Ford Mustang
439 Posts
yes...similar to opening the headlight like in the DIY clear heads forum.

·
TN's Resident Car Whore!
'95 DSM Eclipse RS
5,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i did use the search button but none of those threads seem to have helped

·
Registered
65 Posts
I heard that when you remove the amber piece, that part of the tail becomes 100% clear, so when you put on your flashers, the light that goes blinking is REALLY bright.. what about it? I hear that in Canada, blinkers have to be either red or yellow, is that the same in canada? What color does the bulb behind the amber part produce? 'cause I don't want to have trouble with the cops and all that...

·
back again? yeah, i am.
1992 Toyota Camry
1,493 Posts
i dont suggest doing it....i tried to do it a couple of weeks ago and ended up cracking my tails and i ordered the clear/red already...taking out that amber piece doesnt look that good anyway

·
Traitor
332 Posts
i wouldnt do it if i was you cause if you crack your tail you will have to order new ones and that will cost alot too...b/c i think the stock tails run for more than the red clear tails...go to http://www.procarparts.com/store-detail.asp?sku=TY92CM-5621TLX

if that link doesnt work just go to procarparts.com
i think they have them the cheapest at $137 USD...anybody know a place to get them cheaper?

·
Registered
Camry
1,463 Posts
If you can't afford to, don't mess with them, start saving.
SEARCH the archives, I think some of the people who did it were not too impressed after. After your search, you may be in a better informed position to make a decision.
Also, I have read of cracked and melted but I wonder how many are leaking.
I for one, do not understand the amber vs clear vs red. Signal lights are supposed to do exactly that, signal your intentions. I happen to think ambers are a good choice, as its a universal warning color as is Red (danger) for stop.
But to each their own, thank goodness for the freedom.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts