Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Toyota Camry
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

You know how some Luxury cars (security feature) can have their headlights turn on for 30 seconds after they have locked the car.

my question is, would I be able to do something like that on the camry? My brother told me, i just need to get a timer and connect that to the headlights wire.

cheers,
Leasaunce

·
Registered
122 Posts
Some aftermarket alarms will do that for you, in addition to offering some theft protection.

My Camry has a dealer-installed alarm that does turn on the headlights for 20 seconds when you arm it. (I would not recommend the dealer for this, any stereo shop, or audio retailer like Circuit City or Best Buy will sell car alarms.)

·
Registered
'00 toyota camry
323 Posts
sounds very do-able. the gen 5.5 camry's have this feature^

Re-wire all the exterior lights with a time. The ext. lights have a constant power source even w/ ignition off. So just tap into that, but you'll be leaving your light control stalk always in the on position unless you bypass it somehow. You will have to delete the drivers door switch that turns the lights off when the door pops, and probably remove the twilight sensor on the dashboard if you have the light sensor feature.

It seems easier to do something like this w/ just the FOGLIGHTS, less wiring, no worries about altering controls and the door switch. But I do not have any wiring diagrams to assist you, but i always wanted to do it.
:sosad:
If you can figure the wiring out please share :D thanks

EDIT: ^yeah an alarm sys will do that, but nothing compares to figuring it out D.I.Y. style.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.