Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has a 2004 Highlander Limited and although it has only 86,000 miles on it, it's got some cosmetic issues, the sunroof just stopped working and it's developed some creaks and rattles. I think it's time for a new vehicle. The new Highlander is way too big so we're looking at the CRV, CX-5, RDX and Rav4. Her only concern with the Rav4 (prior to a test drive) is that real leather seats are no longer available.

Would like impressions from anyone who's got a Rav4 Limited with the "premium synthetic" seats. Are they perforated? Do they get sticky in warm weather (i.e., more so than real leather)? Are they a reasonable facsimile to the real thing? Any downsides apparent?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've only had my 2015 Limited for a week, so I can't comment on warm weather. They are not perforated and seem like a very good imitation of leather to me. The seats are very comfortable. I traded in a 2013 CX5 because it was a piece of crap. It had transmission issues at 4k and 21k miles, mirrors and hoods vibrated, acceleration was ridiculously slow, etc. so I'd caution you against a CX5. The Rav4 is so much better than I expected.

·
Registered
369 Posts
They use the same stuff in lexuses now too. I like ours so far it is just like the leather of the Camry we traded in.

·
ranger821
28 Posts
Same here on the faux leather. Only had it 5 days. The seats are very comfortable. My wife's verano that we traded in had real leather and it seems the same to me.

·
Registered
04 Highlander
25 Posts
We have had our 2013 Rav4 limited now for 1 3/4 years and 36,000 miles. We have traveled up and down the east coast many times in heat and cold. The seats are comfortable and show no signs of wear. We traded in a 2004 Highlander Limited and have been very pleased with our choice.

·
ranger821
28 Posts
The seats are very comfortable. I have 4 pinched nerves in my lower back and can adjust the seat to the right spot. We have a trip planned for mid February down to Orlando. Should be a good test for it on a long trip.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts