Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an 05' Avalon XLS. I just noticed that on my window sticker from when I bought my car that I was charged for 2 extra optional equipment add-ons: Luxury floor and trunk mats, and the RS-3200 Plus Security Alarm ($359), I was like huh? I looked through the manual and it shows that with the option security system, there should be a glass break sensor installed by the trunk and gas release buttons. I took a look, natta. I was charged for this extra security system, but it's not installed? Or at least the glass break sensor isn't anyway. Is it the RS-3200 Plus that comes with the glass break sensor, or is that a different system? I did notice that I have the Toyota VIP Security Theft Deterrent stickers on my windows though.

·
Registered
Tundra
347 Posts
My 05 came with the VIP glass breakage sensor and the dealer either orders them that way or they install them when they receive the car from the distribution center. You're correct, there's a plastic knockout where that VIP sensor goes and it runs up and connects to the security system controller. Now once that sensor is installed, it's installed behind the glove compartment (same location as your cabin filter) it's just left of that opening and you CAN adjust the sensitivity. Now, most cars have the keyless entry (remote or fob as they are called). Then if you decide to add the security system, the pigtails or connectors are already there for them just to install the Toyota security alarm system. I have an 07 Tundra and it didn't come with a security system; however I purchased it from Toyota and had it installed by another dealership and I specifically ordered the VIP glass breakage sensor. It's basically a small microphone that picks up sounds when the glass breaks. I've turned the one up on my Tundra to 10 and I knock on the window with the key and BAM...the alarm goes off.

I hope you can get that installed if you paid for it....Good luck and I hope my lengthy response was useful.

·
Registered
Tundra
347 Posts
I've had no experience with the product, but a Google search on "RS-3200 Plus Security Alarm" brings up a lot of information, including the owner's guide. They reference the status monitor in an introductory note. Hope it helps.

Look here.
I didn't get a chance to check back on my posting, but I had to go to the dealership to get some parts on another car and asked the parts rep. It shows the adjustment module to the left of where the cabin filter is located (behind the glove compartment). Thanks for the info!:thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.