Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have my lifted F-250 for sale and I received an email about it the other day. I know most of these are scams, but just wondering if any of ya'll have received these. I kind of want to mess with the guy a little bit, any suggestions? Below are the emails:

Sent: Thursday, January 04, 2007 12:49 PM
To: David
Subject: Inquiry

Hello,

Thanks for your immediate response.Asking price is okay.Presently I am off the shores of Angola with my family where I work as a Drilling Engineer on the coastal explorations with Exxon Mobil Oilfields.So I will need to ask a colleague from my home town in Texas to send you a Certified Check .Please send me your address,full name and telephone number so that I can instruct my colleague to send you the Check.Since that is the only means of payment I can offer now due to my present location.Do not bother about the shipping to Angola I have a shipping agent who will come over to the USA to ship some of my items from my home in Texas so he would also come over to your house for pick up of the truck.Please reply asap.

Regards,

P.S:please send some pictures

David <*********@vt.edu> wrote:

The truck is still available. The asking price is $27,500. If you have any questions or would like to set up a time to see the truck, you can contact me at this email address or at ***-***-****.

David

Sent: Wednesday, January 03, 2007 9:21 AM
To: David
Subject: 2003 Ford F-250

Hello,

I am interested in purchasing your truck.Please confirm asking price if its still availabe.

Regards,

·
Registered
'06 Prerunner TRD
1,093 Posts
He agreed to purchase the truck BEFORE seeing pics.. you gotta mess with this guy bec. this is a scam fo sho! You should photoshop some naked old people into the picture of the truck when you send them to him and tell him the nudists are extra, and you are not willing to seperate them.

·
Love this Tacoma!
Toyota Tacoma
623 Posts
Scam for sure! Tell him his buddy can go cash the ceritifed check and bring you cash.

·
2009 PreRunner Sport DC
219 Posts
Did you post your ad on Autotrader? I posted my old Ford Escape and I got one of these emails as well, but the guy was from Canada. I think it's a scam. Here is a link that other people having the same experiances.

http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=6213

·
Lady in Red
1,515 Posts
I get 3 or 4 of these whenever I place an ad on craigslist. :rolleyes: Usually the english is so poor I just laugh. People do actually fall for these emails though so they keep trying. If you feel like messing with him (and giving him a laugh back) just tell him there's no need to send his agent. You happen to have an agent in Angola and you will send him to meet the guy in the oilfields. Since he is an American and you are proud for all the hard work he is doing outside his country you will give him a discount (only charge him $20,000) and you will take care of the shipping for him. Ask for his name, address (lat/long for gps will be fine) and a phone number so your agent can pick up the cash and complete the paperwork for transfer of the truck. :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I have it on Autotrader with 9 pictures.

PDixie - that's hilarious but i'm not too keen on the idea of searching for pictures of old naked people (especially at work)

I think i'm gonna email him back and tell him, his friend can bring me the $ in person or he can pay me through PayPal (adding the additional %3 or so PayPal charges).

·
Registered
'06 Prerunner TRD
1,093 Posts
elwinna said:
I get 3 or 4 of these whenever I place an ad on craigslist. :rolleyes: Usually the english is so poor I just laugh. People do actually fall for these emails though so they keep trying. If you feel like messing with him (and giving him a laugh back) just tell him there's no need to send his agent. You happen to have an agent in Angola and you will send him to meet the guy in the oilfields. Since he is an American and you are proud for all the hard work he is doing outside his country you will give him a discount (only charge him $20,000) and you will take care of the shipping for him. Ask for his name, address (lat/long for gps will be fine) and a phone number so your agent can pick up the cash and complete the paperwork for transfer of the truck. :)

BBBWWWWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA:lol:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
elwinna - that is great, I'm gonna do that after work. I'll post what he says if he responds.

·
Stupid is stupid does
2008 tundra
5,554 Posts
yeah same scams as on craigslist.:eek:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here is the email I just sent him. I wonder if he'll reply.

Justin,

WOW! What a coincidence my brother-in-law also works for Exxon Mobil
off the shores of Angola. His name is Willie Nelson, maybe you know
him. He is coming back to the states for a few days next week and
having some of his stuff shipped back to Angola with him, he said he
would be more than happy to have the truck sent with his stuff. If I
can just get your address and phone number my brother-in-law can meet
you and get the check. One thing though the truck received a small dent
in the driver's side rear panel, I will deduct $2,500 for this dent,
making the total $25,000. I attached a picture of the dent. If you
have any questions feel free to contact me.

David

·
need to find money tree
2005 Tacoma
1,978 Posts
humpVT said:
Here is the email I just sent him. I wonder if he'll reply.

Justin,

WOW! What a coincidence my brother-in-law also works for Exxon Mobil
off the shores of Angola. His name is Willie Nelson, maybe you know
him. He is coming back to the states for a few days next week and
having some of his stuff shipped back to Angola with him, he said he
would be more than happy to have the truck sent with his stuff. If I
can just get your address and phone number my brother-in-law can meet
you and get the check. One thing though the truck received a small dent
in the driver's side rear panel, I will deduct $2,500 for this dent,
making the total $25,000. I attached a picture of the dent. If you
have any questions feel free to contact me.

David

LOL:clap:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks for the idea elwinna, i really hope he replys with something

·
Forumatic Immunity!
05 Taco DC LB V6 TRD
3,745 Posts
Willie Nelson! :lol::rofl::lol::rofl:

·
Tacosalad
06 Taco
162 Posts
that is friggin great!!! lol.....a little dent!!!! I can't believe the lengths people will go to to make a buck ....I want to cut their nuts off...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts