Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2009 XTERRA
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife just bought a 2002 Solara and it was totaled and rebuilt, so my question is. it has the following on it now,

General Evertrack RTX, 205/65 R15, 94H. [www.generaltire.com is also on it]

And i was thinking of course, there are tires out there that the PSI is not the same as the one that would be on the door of the car. This tire has on it the MAX psi is 51PSI, the tire also has on it the words, BRAZIL. I have never seen nor heard of such a small car having such a tire that would need more then about 35PSI the most. So then i am scratching my head going what the heck when i saw it say on the tire, 51PSI. On this one i am clueless and anyone that has more knowledge about that, I am all open ears, and welcome all and any info anyone has to offer. thank you all that answer this. HHO
{P.S. i have never before seen tires from BRAZIL in the USA, are they common in the USA? well that aint quite right, my wife is brazilian and we were there in 2017,,eheheheh, those tires were all over the place.....LOL]

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
There is no relationship between the maximum tire pressure on the tire, and the recommended tire pressure issued by the auto manufacturer (on the door jamb sticker). Go with the later, or a couple of PSI higher, but don't even think about using the maximum tire pressure.

I don't now about the Brazil part, but companies make tires all over the world.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Why does this have to stated so many times on auto forums. The number on the side of the tire is the most that it can be inflated to . The operating tire pressure is on the vehicle plaque . That is what you go by. If someone does inflate a tire to that sidewall number they compromise the tire and the vehicle stability.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts