Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, m8s,

One of my tire was airless this morning and I went to SEARS and a local garage, they all said it's not worthy to fix it and I need to change all 4 tires. The garage owner suggested me to buy tires online and he will charge $14 per tire on labor. Now I have several questions, I appreciate for your replies.

1. Is the $14 per tire labor fee moderate?
2. Which brand is better to buy? My car is a 2000 Camry V6;
3. I read the manual, it gave me 3 sizes, P195/70R14 90S(14x5.5JJ), P205/65R15 92H(15x6JJ), P205/60R16 91H(16x6JJ), which one I should buy?
4. Where can I buy the tires in a good price? I saw STS has some coupon, how about it?

Thank you in advance!

·
I want to go fast
1994 Toyota Camry
82 Posts
I bought my tires used with 90% tread left. 205/65/15 is what I used to roll on before I got my 17's.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
1. Is the $14 per tire labor fee moderate?
2. Which brand is better to buy? My car is a 2000 Camry V6;
3. I read the manual, it gave me 3 sizes, P195/70R14 90S(14x5.5JJ), P205/65R15 92H(15x6JJ), P205/60R16 91H(16x6JJ), which one I should buy?
4. Where can I buy the tires in a good price? I saw STS has some coupon, how about it?

Thank you in advance!
1. yes, $14/tire is good price.
2. go with a name brand. bfgoodrich, goodyear, michelin etc.
3. check your current tires for the size and just buy those.
4. tirerack.com is a reputable company with good prices.

·
'95 Camry V6 XLE
948 Posts
$14 per tire isn't bad.

You'll get all kinds of opinions on the "better tire to buy". TireRack.com is a good place to research and read pro and consumer reviews. I'd do some research there whether you buy from them or not.

TireRack is a good place to do business. I bought my H&R Sport springs there and they were excellent. They also have "affiliate" tire shops around the country that will do installs of their tires for you at competetive prices. You can find those shops on Tire Rack's web page. I didn't buy my tires from them because I was actually able to negotiate a better price on my Bridgestones with my local Firestone store. If not for that, I would have bought them from Tire Rack and had them installed at my local NTB.

Your manual is calling out 3 different tire sizes for 3 different wheels that have come on your car from the factory. As TheKevin said, you need to look at your actual tires and see what size they are. The size is printed on the sidewall. Just get the same size you have.

TireRack is good for online. You'll see other members recommend other online dealers. As I said, I had good luck with my local Firestone dealer. I also had a local mom & pop tire place give me a better price on a set of General tires for my son's Camry than Tire Rack's price.

Good luck.

·
Lost to follow up!
96 Camry Coupes
12,154 Posts
Tire Rack is where I buy all my Tires.

3 sets so far!

Outstanding customer service, and super fast shipping!

·
Registered
193 Posts
I recently got Goodyear triple tread, and I really like them. They are moderately priced. I chose them because they have the highest rating on consumer reports, and get good reviews other places. I bought them through sears, but only because they matched discount tires price. They are great in snow and ice.

·
TN's Mad Chemist
95 Camry
3,127 Posts
I got lucky and bought a near brand new set off of craigslist... but not before doing my research on tirerack, it's a really nice site. If you are admant about buying new, I would go ahead an buy off the same site, tirerack. My buddy ordered a set and it was very nice. If not, I would go ahead and buy at costco if you have the membership, they offer lifetime balance/rotation on any tire you buy from them... My local costco was very nice to me, and they did a very good job... And 14$ a tire is very resonable. Wal Mart charges something like 50$ for all 4, that includes lifetime rotation/balancing...there prices may have change since I installed my tires last july... but i had a bad experience with those guys awhile back, they didn't balance my tires correctly(as in they vibrated at high speeds), i went back to them twice, and only until the third time did they get it right...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all, m8s! ;D

Follow your opinions I have purchased goodyear from tirerack.com, I don't know any local tire store ppl, but the price on tirerack.com is cheaper than walmart and costco. Before Apr.4 goodyear even has a $40 rebate. Without your help I wouldn't be so lucky to purchase the tires with discount in time.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How to deal with the old tires?

Hi, m8s,

I just bought 4 new tires, I plan to change them on a local garage when I received the tires. I still have 2 questions, thank you in advance.

1. The garage owner asked me for $14 per tire, normally does this price including balance or something else? Should I mention it to him or when ppl change tires, balance is a general procedure that every machinist will do?

2. How to deal with the old tires? Just leave them in garage or should I take them to some recycle place?

Thanks.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I recently bought 4 new tires brand Yomama RZ2 from discounttires.com...I purchased from the local store. They don't have that brand in store, but they can order for you. I got $50 instance rebates on 4 new tires. You can check the website out... discounttires.com... Shopping around ....

Discount tires charged $15 per tire installation.
Also, there is $5 waste disposal per tire. come with lifetime balance and rotations as long i still keep the tires.
plus Tax
Grand total I paid $340 all my brand new Yomama RZ2 tires. the tires are very quite and smooth.

the Consumer Reports.rating the best tires . the driving is smooth and the noise is not known.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts