Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well had the dreaded rad/ transmission cooler failure, transmission fluid looking like Pepto Bismol. Having transmission rebuilt & going to replace radiator. My question is "Is the OEM external trans cooler adequate to do the job on it's own, if we by-pass the rad ", so it does not happen again? Or would an after market one be better?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well had the dreaded rad/ transmission cooler failure, transmission fluid looking like Pepto Bismol. Having transmission rebuilt & going to replace radiator. My question is "Is the OEM external trans cooler adequate to do the job on it's own, if we by-pass the rad ", so it does not happen again? Or would an after market one be better?

On my '99 4Runner the "pink milkshake" was a common issue. The best fix for this is to install a aftermarket transmission cooler and bypass the radiator all together. You can cap off the radiator where the OEM transmission lines ran to avoid a possible radiator fluid leak down the road should the radiator fail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
ryankmasuda
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing