Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Platinum Shift Customs
556 Posts
First question is why are you running a second head unit when the screen has a slot in it?

and if the screen needs a brain then it will have one in the box.

·
toyo man for life
2004 camry se
228 Posts
the only time you need a brain on most dvd's is either to upgrade to 5.1 (older ones) or if you are integrating components (ie a screen and signal processor and dvd)

·
Platinum Shift Customs
556 Posts
its kind of hard to understand where you are trying to go with this? are you getting the equipment brand new/used/stolen?

if it is brand new, it will come with all of the available accessories to use it to its full potential.

·
Registered
99 camry le v6
148 Posts
why dont you just get a more current model that already plays mp3 and dvds instead of having 2 separate, older units? and to answer your question (which i dont remember anymore) you can wire them together but you'll have to use the signal output from one and plug into into the auxiliary input on the other. so basically take the front and rear outputs from the regular cd/mp3 player and run some rca's to the auxiliary on the HU with the screen. wait i read the question, the brain is for processing dvd's if that HU is only a cd player then it shouldnt have a brain.

·
TN guy......yea boi
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
when it comes to audio im such a noob

this head unit is 2yrs old both of them, getting it from someone
as far as i know its a dvd/vcd/cd player
and he had the 7400 running along with it

so i might not need the brain

·
TN guy......yea boi
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i'll give hush money alrite

i just talked to the guy, and he said i need the 7400 to make the sounds come out.
so it plugs in the aux slot. dvd plays, and the deck releases the sound

phi you install your own deck?

·
Whine Connoisseur
6,573 Posts
If getting a deck w/aux-in doesn't cost more than $30-50 (the price of the convertor) more, go that route.

Yeah, I do...and so can you http://rayrayonline.bravehost.com/headunit.htm. I've never done video b4 though.

While you're in the mkt for A/V...have you checked out double-DIN screen such as the Eclipse unit? If you're serious about A/V, this is what you wanna get :smokin:

·
Whine Connoisseur
6,573 Posts
I found it. It's not EXACTLY like the one I linked to though. Sorry, no camera. Instead of the RCA's connected by a wire from the square block thingie, the RCA is recessed into that box. No big deal. Just wanted to let you know.

PM me if you're interested.

Hi gurl :hi:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts