Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to buy my first 4Runner. I currently have a 1996 Toyota Corolla with 150,000 miles on it. The car I am looking at is a 2006 4Runner Limited with 22,000 miles. It is not certified. Sticker is 23,990. I plan to offer $25,000 out the door and ask for an extended factory warranty. The car is not certified and I am actually buying from a Ford Dealership. Do you think this is a reasonable offer. Too much? Too little? Thanks.

·
Registered
Lndcrs, 4run, camry,
2,448 Posts
mfrymire,

That is a good price for the millage. The only problem is that it is a Ford Dealer. I'm not so sure they can offer you a Toyota factory warranty, and I would not want Ford working on my Toyota. If they can't offer you a Toyota factory warranty then I would offer $23,990 out the door, and work up from there. I have not seen that many Limited's with that low of miles, that could be a good find. V-8 or V-6. Hopefully its the V-8. I like the V-8 better than the V-6. Nothing wrong with the V-6 I just like the 8 better. The V-6 actually has more horsepower than the V-8, but the V-8 has better lower end torque for towing. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the feedback. It is V6. I am thinking of getting an extended service agreement as I think you are right they couldn't give me the Toyota warranty. It seems like it is better to just press your luck and not get a warranty though from what I've read. It's hard though when you don't know for sure how well the car has been treated.

·
Registered
Lndcrs, 4run, camry,
2,448 Posts
mfrymire,

With that low of miles I don't think you could do that much harm with just everyday driving. The reliability of a Toyota surpasses any rig I can think of. In my opinion I don't think you could go wrong. If it drives smooth and all functions work ( as AC, Cruise Control, heater, defrosters, radio, seats etc) then I would not worry too much. I really believe in the Toyota Line even though they have been in the news latelty. I still think that they make great rigs, and who ever traded that rig in on a Ford needs their brain scanned for issues. All kidding aside with 22,000 miles on it I still don't think you can go wrong even without a warrenty. Oh by the way I don't consider myself an expert just an enthusiest.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

Thanks for the advice. I took it and got the 4Runner last night. It feels good to be an official member of the club. It's a big change from my 96 Corolla. My girl's a beaut!!!

·
Registered
Lndcrs, 4run, camry,
2,448 Posts
mfrymire,

Congrats on your purchase. I don't think you have gone wrong. I hope that you have many years of fun driving in your new to you rig.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts