Super Moderator
Various Toyotas
5,756 Posts
My 2004 Corolla is "The LuigiMobile".

Reactions: CarParts.com

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
They both got to be named POS, until I realized the phone charger I just got was blowing the 15 amp accessory fuse after I replaced the stereo. Fortunately I figured it out soon enough to only replace the bad stereo that was put in the blue car 12 years ago. It wasn't working for crap before. Now it works great and picks up channels a lot better, even with the original speakers, now 22 years old. Probably the first blown fuse in either car.

·
Vendor
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They both got to be named POS, until I realized the phone charger I just got was blowing the 15 amp accessory fuse after I replaced the stereo. Fortunately I figured it out soon enough to only replace the bad stereo that was put in the blue car 12 years ago. It wasn't working for crap before. Now it works great and picks up channels a lot better, even with the original speakers, now 22 years old. Probably the first blown fuse in either car.
Having a functional radio can truly make or break a car :LOL:

·
Token Aussie
1998 AE102 sedan, 2006 ZZE122 wagon, 2018 ZRE182 hatch
2,630 Posts
Every car we've owned has had a name, even the parts car.
KE55 Corolla #1 - Billie
KE55 Corolla #2 - Pineapple (parts car)
AE82 Corolla - Rosie
ST162 Celica - Charlie
JZZ30 Soarer - Lexi
SXV20 Camry - Kevin (named after Australian prime minister Kevin Rudd, as the previous owner had called it Camry Rudd)
AE102 Corolla #1 - Charlene (retroactively named Mk1 after she was re-shelled in to Mk2)
AE102 Corolla #2 - Charlene Mk2
ZRE182 Corolla - Daphne
ZZE122 Corolla - Marvin

And for some temporarily borrowed ones (from my parents, the Camry was the only one named by us and the other two were just nicknames)
SXV10 Camry - Howard (named after the Australian prime minister before Kevin Rudd, John Howard)
DY Mazda2 - Maz
CG Captiva - Cap

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
That Mustang reminds me of a 67 390 GT I once owned. You could just drive that thing around in top gear and never down shift unless you stopped. My 59 Vette could be shifted 1-4 and back without using the clutch, I think the 390 GT would do the same. Ever drive a 39 Ford truck with the crash box, straight cut gears.

·
Registered
4,954 Posts
Every car we've owned has had a name, even the parts car.
KE55 Corolla #1 - Billie
KE55 Corolla #2 - Pineapple (parts car)
AE82 Corolla - Rosie
ST162 Celica - Charlie
JZZ30 Soarer - Lexi
SXV20 Camry - Kevin (named after Australian prime minister Kevin Rudd, as the previous owner had called it Camry Rudd)
AE102 Corolla #1 - Charlene (retroactively named Mk1 after she was re-shelled in to Mk2)
AE102 Corolla #2 - Charlene Mk2
ZRE182 Corolla - Daphne
ZZE122 Corolla - Marvin

And for some temporarily borrowed ones (from my parents, the Camry was the only one named by us and the other two were just nicknames)
SXV10 Camry - Howard (named after the Australian prime minister before Kevin Rudd, John Howard)
DY Mazda2 - Maz
CG Captiva - Cap
JMJ!!!

·
Registered
2010 Honda Accord
268 Posts
Yes, everyone in my family names their cars!

My Accord's name is Cinnamon, because she's red hot! 😂
Car Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Tire Wheel

1 - 12 of 12 Posts