Toyota Nation Forum banner

Question of the week: What have you been pulled over and ticketed for?

1208 28

Nearly everyone has been pulled over and given a ticket at some point. What’s one of the reasons you’ve been stopped by law enforcement?
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
2021 Rav4 XLE ICE engine
383 Posts
In the 1960's, with a couple months on my first driver's license I was driving with my mother. She kept telling me to slow down. A cop started following us. My Mom said to just ignore him. Eventually the gumball lights came on and we pulled over. He ticketed me for going too slow! My license got suspended for a month and I had to pay a fine. Started a life long distrust of cops in general.

· Token Aussie
1998 AE102 sedan, 2006 ZZE122 wagon, 2018 ZRE182 hatch
3,765 Posts
2 speeding tickets in ~20 years, both low-range (<10k over the limit). Numerous RBTs though, but only one of them separate to a booze-bus setup (and that was because I chucked a u-ey outside a pub late at night when I was picking people up and the cop thought I was trying to avoid them). Blew .00 on all of them though, because I know my limits and don't drink and drive.

· Registered
86 Posts
I'm 43yo and have been pulled over three times.

1. Speeding. About 85mph in a 70mph zone driving my employer's vehicle.
2. Running a stop sign. Was in a hurry to lets dogs out for a potty break (I was petsitting). Officer let me go.
3. Speeding. Cop knew my brother from previous run-ins. We had a chuckle and he let me go.

· Registered
2,114 Posts
Knock on wood, only a couple parking tickets.

When I was in college I commuted on my dirt bike. I had converted it and it was legally registered to use on the road. I got pulled over several times for not having turn signals, despite them not being required in my state on a converted dirt bike.

I'd politely educate the officer and then after playing 20 questions I'd be sent on my way. After about the fourth time I asked the guy to please write me a ticket so we could figure this out in court, but nobody ever would. I'm sure the turn signals were just a convenient excuse for their little fishing expedition or ego boost or whatever they were really after.

Eventually I got so annoyed that I just put turn signals on it anyways and the harassment stopped 😂

· Registered
175 Posts
Been pulled ove probably 50 times over the yrs. Most on motorcycles for speeding wheelies etc. Funniest was double pull over. In alabama 14 for bike license. 2 weeks after getting license got pulled over as he said i looked way too young. Granted at 14 looked 10, short and baby faced. He ran license let me go. By the time I got.ready to hit road again was about to pull off another cop was rolling by. I allowed him to.pass. i pulled out he changed lanes whipped around got back behind me and pulled me over. He thought.i let him go by as maybe tag was expired, bad lights what ever. When i told him i just got stopped by his buddy he laughed, apologized and let.me go. Funny, 2 stops in 2 blocks no tickets. Better than most stops i had that got me huge fines and plenty of cop attitude lol

· Ex-Master Diagnostic tech
15 Ram 1500 Diesel
458 Posts
Besides various speeding tickets, I was pulled over for having a dirtbike in back of my truck in the early 80's in Prospect Pk NJ. I informed the cop this was a bogus stop and he insisted I show proof of ownership of the bike otherwise he would have both my truck and the bike impounded and arrest me for theft. Just before that happened a local businessman who knew both the cop and me intervened on my behalf. I made a formal complaint to the PD which went absolutely nowhere except in the garbage.
In 79 or 80 I was pulled over for suspicion of having drugs because I had long hair and was wearing a Grateful Dead T-shirt. The cop ticketed me for no registration even though I had it and presented it to him. I went to court on that and the charge was dismissed but it still was the hassle.
One of the most stupid ones was me being pulled over in the woods by a railroad cop. At the time I was VP of a off road club and this was our leased property. I was riding with the club president and one or 2 others when this twit started hassling us for crossing the RR tracks. He demanded ID and our SS numbers and I told him to go f off. The club president admonished me a bit for that but he was exceeding his rights since I wasn't on their easement.

Reactions: CarParts.com

· Registered
1 Posts
Almost all (5 or more) for speeding. It was tough in the 55 speed limit on Interstates back then. I got two tickets in my first 3 months after getting my license at 16.5 years old. Engaging in speed contest and not fully stopping at a stop sign.
Luckily I had to drive 15 miles one way to high school, neither of my parents wanted to do that to pick me up after basketball practice (Bus was already gone) so they let me continue to drive. Didn't get another ticket for about 20 years.
Car was a 1960 Dodge Lancer ( 3 on the floor, 101 horse power) :cool: What a hoot.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts