1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
That's quite a list.
Proximity.
Turn signals.
Following too close.
Racing around you then pull over in front and turn making you stop quickly.
How about pull out in front of you going 70MPH on the interstate.
At a 45 degree angle with no room to stop, not even close. (SA saved them, lane next to me was clear).
Run you in a ditch on a motorcycle.
I had a buddy whose brother was run over by a woman and drug the disintegrating bike and body pieces to her driveway.
He was on a Kawasaki 900 Z1, bought it after riding mine. Cops followed the trail of him and bike pieces to her driveway, she said she never noticed hitting him.
This could turn into a book after 57 years driving.

·
Registered
2021 Rav4 XLE ICE engine
298 Posts
Some annoying drivers: Self-appointed speed limit vigilantes creeping along at 55-65 MPH in the far left lane on the highway obstructing those who want to get somewhere quicker. Slow pokes doddering along 5 to 10 MPH below the speed limit on 2 lane surface streets. The timid or unskilled who practically come to a stop when making a turn as if they are afraid or simply do not know how to turn the steering wheel and drive the car. The comatose, who at a stop sign when safe to go or when the traffic light changes from red to green, just sit there for an unnecessary time as if they are asleep, or texting, or their auto stop/start is slow.

·
Registered
1986 Toyota Pickup regular cab, 4WD, 22R-TE, 5spd
100 Posts
Drivers distracted with a cell phone is frustrating at the least in nearly any situation, so that's a big one. Though I'm often annoyed by drivers braking very hard and slowing down below the speed limit because a cop is sitting near the road.

·
Vendor
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's quite a list.
Proximity.
Turn signals.
Following too close.
Racing around you then pull over in front and turn making you stop quickly.
How about pull out in front of you going 70MPH on the interstate.
At a 45 degree angle with no room to stop, not even close. (SA saved them, lane next to me was clear).
Run you in a ditch on a motorcycle.
I had a buddy whose brother was run over by a woman and drug the disintegrating bike and body pieces to her driveway.
He was on a Kawasaki 900 Z1, bought it after riding mine. Cops followed the trail of him and bike pieces to her driveway, she said she never noticed hitting him.
This could turn into a book after 57 years driving.
That's terrible to hear about your buddy! I enjoy riding my motorcycle, but it's scary because there's always the risk of catastrophes like this.

-Mia, Chief Mechanic @ CarParts.com

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'll keep my list down to three...or four:

Slowing down for an obvious speed trap even though you're already eight miles under the posted speed limit.
Self-appointed speed limit vigilantes creeping along at 55-65 MPH in the far left lane on the highway obstructing those who want to get somewhere quicker.
The same time I gotta deal with the eight under losers, I get two of them side by side and neither make the effort to find and use their gas pedals with or without speed traps. I call them pace cars. It's ironic how so many people complain about speeding here, yet I'm always stuck behind fleets of drivers who act like achieving the speed limit is a lifetime goal. If the first two assholes finally get out of the way, the two behind them aren't in a hurry either.

People facing each other in opposing lanes at lighted intersections, each turning to their left, and sit there looking at each other without understanding they can both make their respective left turns at the same time. They will actively stare each other down to see what the other guy is going to do. The best is when one of them realizes they didn't have their turn signal on. They turn it on and they still both just sit there. They always figure it out when the light turns yellow and I'm now getting acquainted with the same red light twice.

People that won't just stop at a stop light. They keep herky jerking their throttle & brakes until they've inched into the crosswalk or even the intersection as if they're going launch the car like it's a top fuel dragster. But they suddenly like the view here when the light turns green and eventually crawl through the intersection as if Grampa just woke up and remembered he's driving. I get to see a lot of red lights twice.

Never mind texting while driving, why do you need to update your Facebook profile at highway speeds? You're driving! No, you're not good at this. You didn't notice me and the six other drivers you nearly killed in one shot. If I can't convince you to stop doing that, at least set your cruise please. Your speed varies from 46-72 mph within the stretch of any available mile. You're making the pace car drivers nervous and they're already struggling with the big go button on the floor.

·
Registered
2009 Highlander, 2013 Camry
96 Posts
I'll keep my list down to three...or four:

Slowing down for an obvious speed trap even though you're already eight miles under the posted speed limit.

The same time I gotta deal with the eight under losers, I get two of them side by side and neither make the effort to find and use their gas pedals with or without speed traps. I call them pace cars. It's ironic how so many people complain about speeding here, yet I'm always stuck behind fleets of drivers who act like achieving the speed limit is a lifetime goal. If the first two assholes finally get out of the way, the two behind them aren't in a hurry either.

People facing each other in opposing lanes at lighted intersections, each turning to their left, and sit there looking at each other without understanding they can both make their respective left turns at the same time. They will actively stare each other down to see what the other guy is going to do. The best is when one of them realizes they didn't have their turn signal on. They turn it on and they still both just sit there. They always figure it out when the light turns yellow and I'm now getting acquainted with the same red light twice.

People that won't just stop at a stop light. They keep herky jerking their throttle & brakes until they've inched into the crosswalk or even the intersection as if they're going launch the car like it's a top fuel dragster. But they suddenly like the view here when the light turns green and eventually crawl through the intersection as if Grampa just woke up and remembered he's driving. I get to see a lot of red lights twice.

Never mind texting while driving, why do you need to update your Facebook profile at highway speeds? You're driving! No, you're not good at this. You didn't notice me and the six other drivers you nearly killed in one shot. If I can't convince you to stop doing that, at least set your cruise please. Your speed varies from 46-72 mph within the stretch of any available mile. You're making the pace car drivers nervous and they're already struggling with the big go button on the floor.
#Nailed It!!

I'll add just one from my very, very long list:

Idiots that drive in the rain and even at night without their lights on!

And No. Those damn automatic "Daytime Running Lights" don't do a dang thing to help me see your slow azz clogging up the fast lane through the spray.

·
Registered
2008 Highlander Limited, 3.5, JBL
60 Posts
Those that speed up and slow down for no apparent reason. Makes it impossible to use my cruise control. Pick a speed and stick to it, unless there is a road hazard of you are turning.
Those that park in the left lane for miles and miles. If you aren't passing, move OVER!
Those that sleep at the traffic light. It's not gonna get any greener!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Many years ago in Phoenix, I was in the right lane on a Motorcycle going by the Airport when a guy in the middle lane decides to get off there. As he swerved into me I instinctly swerve right with him and find myself going down the ramp beside him at 65-70mph. Luckily I had room and time to slow down and stop. Then get back on the expressway.

·
Registered
2009 Highlander, 2013 Camry
96 Posts
Many years ago in Phoenix, I was in the right lane on a Motorcycle going by the Airport when a guy in the middle lane decides to get off there. As he swerved into me I instinctly swerve right with him and find myself going down the ramp beside him at 65-70mph. Luckily I had room and time to slow down and stop. Then get back on the expressway.
...before or after cleaning your drawers?

·
Registered
48 Posts
People who get on the 4 lane highway and immediately turn on their high beams 30ft behind you.
I slowed down so he would pass and flicked my high beams at him several times and the stooge kept on driving like that with traffic all around him.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts