Toyota Nation Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
OMG!!!! I live in Seattle (possibly home to the most drivers who don't know how to drive-by the way, the "written" test is a total joke and asks only a few questions like "what does this octagonal sign mean). Anyway, on any given days I've seen a LOT of stupid/annoying things these drivers do: at an intersection with 2 lanes plus a left turn lane the driver in the left turn lane turns RIGHT; the person in the car on my left has their head down, EYES and BOTH HANDS glued to their phone-did I mention that we're both going about 35mph?; oh, and at a round-a-bout, the idiots don't have a clue as to which direction to go and I usually have to act fast to avoid a head-on collision. These people should NEVER be allowed to drive

·
Registered
264 Posts
Mine is pretty advanced, let's see if I can make sense to anyone else. It is when you are on a highway with two lanes in each direction, behind a vehicle that you want to pass. There are several cars behind you. While you are waiting for an opening in the left lane, each of the cars behind you peel off one-by-one from the back to pass the whole line, because the person in the back gets access to the opening first. I was in front of everyone and wanted to go faster, but now I am stuck having to wait for everyone and end up in the back.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Driving down a two-lane road, to have oncoming traffic move well into my lane, because there is a pedestrian or bicycle on their side of the road, and they feel they have to provide 15 feet of clearance around the bike or pedestrian.

Dear oncoming driver: If you're that concerned about the person you're overtaking on your side of the road, a suggestion: You have brakes on your car? USE THEM!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Mine is pretty advanced, let's see if I can make sense to anyone else. It is when you are on a highway with two lanes in each direction, behind a vehicle that you want to pass. There are several cars behind you. While you are waiting for an opening in the left lane, each of the cars behind you peel off one-by-one from the back to pass the whole line, because the person in the back gets access to the opening first. I was in front of everyone and wanted to go faster, but now I am stuck having to wait for everyone and end up in the back.
I've seen this many times. I bet those other drivers in the back are playing dumb and pretending to think that someone directly behind a slow-poke is content to stay there.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Driving down a two-lane road, to have oncoming traffic move well into my lane, because there is a pedestrian or bicycle on their side of the road, and they feel they have to provide 15 feet of clearance around the bike or pedestrian.

Dear oncoming driver: If you're that concerned about the person you're overtaking on your side of the road, a suggestion: You have brakes on your car? USE THEM!
They also have the gall to blame the bicyclist for their decision.

·
Registered
2013 Toyota Avalon Limited W/Premium Package +
1,200 Posts
#1 - All of the above
Tailgaters I'd usually make them crap their pants one way or another. :cool:

#2 - Manitoba, Canada drivers. They think a merge lane has an invisible stop. Waiting till there's no one for miles to go. Along with not understanding how to leave room for someone to merge. Many times you have to risk flooring it and going around them or be stuck forever. :mad:

#3 Same dumb drivers in #2. Have no concept of closed lane "zipper driving" they had adds on TV once where they'd explain the concept as if it they had come up with a new invention. With them constantly tearing up roads here for ages you would think it was a given. :rolleyes:
Nope, can't get a fly in between the cars a mile long. I learned long time ago you leave someone with 2 options let me in respectfully or I'll force my way in. Get mad all you want. I wave my hand out the window as a "thanks for letting me in" :p

#4 - My happy time: "nit wit drivers". I swear these idiots drive looking at their hood. Right lane driving. Up pops a parked car. Never saw it and stuck there along with the other ones that were tailgating behind and I gave up on trying to be a nice guy since all it did was get drivers behind me extremely peeved at me since letting them know I'm letting them in doesn't click in their tiny brains. Nothing I would do would help them figure out to I was letting them back into a driving lane :ROFLMAO:
Works like a charm with city buses. Double high beam flash, in they go and I get a double hazard lights "thank you" flash in return.

·
Registered
219 Posts
People who enter intersections when not clear and block it when it turns red. For their selfishness to squeeze in so they dont have to wait, theyve f’d up cross traffic for no food reason. Theres a bunch of intersections around my workolace that are rampant fir this and causes cross traffic backups. Ive been stuck at a light for three cycles because of these asses. When the cops set up and ticket there, traffic flows wonderfully. The worst asses are the ones who drive along the adjacent lane, then in the intersection change into the lane and also block the intersection.

·
Mr. Roo
Super Moderator
11,468 Posts

LOL I've been thinking about this post. I only bike anywhere now (to and from work), and yeah. I'm working hard to bike all the way over as much as possible when cars are on the two-lane road. So it's annoying when I'll be on the right of the white line, and the car doesn't pass me even though they have a full clear lane. And then they just back up people behind them. Or, the people who feel like they have to pass on the full opposite lane, all wheels on the wrong side of the yellow line. Only to find another car coming in the opposite direction around the corner. It's just kinda annoying since I'm riding in the weeds and branches trying to give drivers space to go around me, and then they do that. lol.

·
Registered
111 Posts
People who enter intersections when not clear and block it when it turns red. For their selfishness to squeeze in so they dont have to wait, theyve f’d up cross traffic for no food reason. Theres a bunch of intersections around my workolace that are rampant fir this and causes cross traffic backups. Ive been stuck at a light for three cycles because of these asses. When the cops set up and ticket there, traffic flows wonderfully. The worst asses are the ones who drive along the adjacent lane, then in the intersection change into the lane and also block the intersection.
I get people that even back up in the intersection instead of just going through and they expect people behind them to back up as well. I hope this is universal, but here if you're already in the intersection when the light changes, you're obligated to complete your turn regardless to clear the intersection.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts