Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a regular review mirror in my double cab tacoma. Has anyone installed the auto dimming mirror in their tacoma? I am wandering, in order to get the lights to work on it, how it hooks up through the opening going into the head liner?

·
"09 Taco Access
'09 Tacoma
87 Posts
I am not sure what year your Taco is but I have an '09 and the plug harness is stuffed under the head liner. All you have to do is poke your fingers in and pull it out. I think it is then plug and play using a Genex unit which is self dimming and has the backup camera monitor.

Rick

·
Offical Tacoma Driver
2008 Indigo DC LB
157 Posts
Yeah we will need to know what year taco you have. FYI if it is not an 09 then it is not just plug and play. Well yes it is after you chop off the factory end, figure out the color code, splice in a gentex harness, then plug it into whatever stlye mirror you have which could have a few different harness configurations.;) But yeah I really dont think it will be plug and play. I added an H2 mirror to my taco and I had to do all the things above. CHeck the DIY section, I believe there is one on there.

·
Insitu Taco
06 Taco D-Cab Sport
463 Posts
I have an 06 and I put in an autodim / homelink mirror... there are 3 wires to connect...

IGN Hot - for the autodim
BATT Hot - for the Homelink
GND - this one is obvious...

I spliced all the wires into the overhead console map lights (for batt hot) and the compass / temp (for IGN hot)...

easy mod... one of my favorites...

·
Premium Member
2,630 Posts
My Genex included a little track to hide wires going up to the headliner. Bought it off ebay from a member here, wembleysells is either his TN or his Ebay ID.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts