Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There has been oil deposit on three spark plugs so I took out the valve cover. Here I notice one of the cam bearing has clean constant cut all around it.
Common sense says its normal but just wanted to confirm - pls refer to the picture attached. Secondly, there is some fine erosion as the car has about 150k miles?!
The car has been driving perfect - are those spark plugs still good as they are iridium.
Does anybody know the torque specs of the spark plug, tube and valve cover bush that goes on the top.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I think you're talking about the camshaft gear, not the bearing. Yes, this is a split gear with a spring inside of it - this is to reduce backlash between the gears to reduce gear chatter. If you ever have to take the camshafts out, you have to lock the two havles of the gear with a bolt into the service hole, or else they'll spin out and are a bit of a pain to put back.

There are a bunch of DIY's with torque specs and other useful info - look it up.

·
イリジウム
12,043 Posts
Plugs with a dab of antiseize 3 threads away from the tip to 13 lb/ft. Tube nuts to 33. RTV (such as Permatex Ultra Black) at half moon plug seams and base of front cam caps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts