Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have what seems like a seeping leak around the bottom tank on my radiator. My truck is a 1994 xtra cab 4x4 with the 22RE and manual trans. I drive it off the lot brand new in '94 and now have just over 303,000 miles on it. I just replaced the water pump and thermostat. I know the radiator in the truck now is the one that came with it off the lot and when I look at it the radiator says GM on it. I have searched around and it seems this may be legit as Toyota and GM shared some parts back in the day? The kid at the parts dept at the local dealer looked at me like I was nuts and told me there is no way that is the original radiator since no toyota has ever used GM parts. I am old so maybe it was replaced at some point and I forgot which I highly doubt because it would have been at the dealer that did it since they have been the only ones to do major work on it!

anyway....regardless on that point. What is a good replacement for this truck? I dont wheel it or tow anything outside a 12ft boat some times. The local dealer can get me an OEM one for $300 but they can't tell me if it is metal or another one with plastic tanks like the one in there now. I guess its lasted since 1994 with plastic tanks so probably okay to get an OEM one but I wanted to get thoughts from the experts here....I did search but I could not come across any posts within a year old so hoping someone replaced a rad recently that has advice.

OEM or....any ideas on a good non OEM that fits right in without having to plug transmission cooler lines...just want to slide it in, bolt it up connect hoses and move on. :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Did you perform a UV dye leak test? Do that if not. Make sure it's not the drain petcock (stopcock) that's leaking due to stripped rubber grommet. Dorman makes replacement #61112 AutoZONE $3.87. Verify that part number.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts