·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so people say that if you get a subwoofer you should
-low pass the sub
-high pass the other speakers
right?

so just wondering, what if you dont have a sub? is it still necessary to high pass the front and rears? will it make a difference to the sound? eg. less "bump"

also, one of my friends is looking into some 4" speakers for the front of his car (hole is 4" no larger will fit)
what would be the best 4" speakers available?

if they are better than mine, i might get myself a pair too.

·
Registered
1998 Avalon XLS
119 Posts
High passing the front and rear speakers will put less wear on the speakers and enable you to play them much louder, however, a great amount of "backbone" will be lost. If you have good speakrs, you don't really need to worry about a high pass untill you have an amp, and if you have a factory amp you don't need to worry about it at all, as it's already in place.

4" speakers??? It all depends if they are custom for the car or not, my 98 Avalon had 4 inch speakers that were custom for the car and I had to cut larger holes for 5.25" speakers as nothing else would fit securely. Do some research on on your specific vehicle to make sure you wont have any surprise modifications to make.

If your sure that you need straight 4" speakers, JL Audio makes the best ones around, there the JL Audio C2-400X, there brand new for 2009 and sound amazing, I have the 5.25" model in my rear doors and they are the best 2 way speaker I have ever heard. I paid $125 for my 5.25" ones but I found the 4" ones for $90 here:
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item...oogle&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=froogle

hope that helps

1 - 2 of 2 Posts