Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

My daily driver is a 1993 Toyota Camry, todays actually the first day Ive discovered this forum.

I have a question on the window motor.

The motor has two wires that connect it to two spools, one on top that operates the up movement and one on the bottom that operates teh down movements. These wires have come out of the motor itself, and they seem botched up. Is there any way to thread them back into the motor, or do I need to buy new ones?

ALso, I have some questions on the fuewl filter, if any if free, please hit me up on Z in NYC on AIM.

TIA

-Linsen

·
96 3MZ M/T
Camry
2,879 Posts
well i'm too lazy to open up aim so i'll just answer your fuel filter ? change it, it's located under the air cleaner on the 1/4 panel wall i belive the bottom bolt is a 14mm and the top as well not so sure, also too lazy to check, box end wrenches if it's really hard to break that bottom bolt thats what i had to use works reall well no threading at all

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks but I need the window question answered (more urgent)

I already replaced my fuel filter, its just that my idle is EXTREMELY low, so I removed a vacuum line that connects to the acceleration line on top of the throttle body.

It all started after I popped in Chevron Fuel system cleaner . I thougfht it musta lodged some crap in my fuel filter so I replaced it, but still same problem. So for now, I have some HIGH a$$ idle and long crank due to he removal of teh vacuum line, but hey it works for now.

BTW I cleaned the throttle body.

Any ideas on this and the more urgent window problem?

Also, I offered AIM since I have a few issues generally with teh car itself, I need soe advice on stereo upgrade, etc.

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,960 Posts
i had to rethread it once it was difficult but it can be done just remve the whole assembly and thread it the way it's suposed to goi can't really remember how i did it but it took me about4-5hrs cause the one i was getting parts from was manual

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.