Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

I'm in the market for a new car and interested in the Corolla iM.

The color I want to get is the Electric Blue.

The lowest quote I got from the dealership is below:

MSRP $20,560

Invoice $19,440.49

Selling price $17,540.49

$19,238 OTD.

$2000 Down your monthly payment will be $287.30 for 60 months @ 0% APR .

I think this is a pretty good deal but I don't know what you guys might think since I don't know what type of deal you guys received for this car.

·
straight cash homie
22,852 Posts
Hello all,

MSRP $20,560

Invoice $19,440.49

Selling price $17,540.49

$19,238 OTD.

I think this is a pretty good deal but I don't know what you guys might think since I don't know what type of deal you guys received for this car.
Which dealer, Longo? If so, I would try Carson Toyota Internet dept. as well.

I personally think you might be able to do better...is this for a second car or getting rid of the Camry?

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Which dealer, Longo? If so, I would try Carson Toyota Internet dept. as well.

I personally think you might be able to do better...is this for a second car or getting rid of the Camry?
Second Car.

Longo couldn't get close to that quote. Carson was $1K more. I've searched over 10 dealerships and Manhattan was the cheapest by far for this color.

·
straight cash homie
22,852 Posts
Second Car.

Longo couldn't get close to that quote. Carson was $1K more. I've searched over 10 dealerships and Manhattan was the cheapest by far for this color.
Thanks for sharing! Yeah, it looks like the price MB Toyota quoted you is pretty much invoice minus the $1500 rebate and they still haven't given up the holdback amount.

Having gone through the buying experience last month when I helped my cousin buy a Hyundai Elantra, I didn't feel that I had enough time to shop around more. Also, had I been able to wait an extra day or two, a friend of a friend who works for a Hyundai company would have been able to offer me their friends & family discount pricing. At the end, I was able to get the Costco pricing, but I wasn't convinced that it was the best deal.

Another thing that you can try, and something I would've also considered, is the use of an auto broker. I've read many things about Okuma Enterprises (ran by Japanese-Americans), as I've seen their plates on many cars around LA. It doesn't hurt to try them or a broker, and Okuma states that they don't charge a fee. And from their FB, they do broker a lot of Toyotas.

http://www.okumainc.com/
https://www.yelp.com/biz/okuma-enterprises-los-angeles

If I had the chance, I would've emailed them to see if they could've done better. I think you mentioned being Korean, and I know K-Town is full of auto brokers that the non-English speaking buyers go to to buy cars...many of them don't even haggle from what I was told when I interned at Longo (Longo would broker deals with a lot of them).

·
Registered
36 Posts
Can't comment on the price for the iM. I got a 2017 Corolla in Dec. of last year. The best deal I got was from internet dept. at Hamer Toyota in the valley. Try Truecar.com first to get quotes from different dealers. I got better pricing through them than Costco or Walmart. Also North Hollywood Toyota was willing to deal.

Start calling back dealers to see if they can beat your best price. I wouldn't emphasize the color too much at first, maybe casually ask what colors they have, because then they know they can get you there for more. If you tell them you are ready to deal right now they may make a better offer. Sometimes they want you to go in, then you just have to duke it out with them.

Sometimes near end of month they may be more willing to deal to meet there monthly goals. Good luck.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Just purchased a 2017 Toyota Corolla IM for 18k here in the suburbs in NYC. It is a great choice and the dealers know it.

The price you get depends on how long the car was on the lot and how hungry the salesman is literally. Here in New York they tend to work on commission. Sometimes the dealership just want to move the cars.

You will get a better deal on a Corolla proper since they always have a ton of then and the dealer just wants to move them. They don't make a ton of profit on Corolla and Camry especially the LE and SE models.

Between the two I would take the IM any day of the week

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks for sharing! Yeah, it looks like the price MB Toyota quoted you is pretty much invoice minus the $1500 rebate and they still haven't given up the holdback amount.

Having gone through the buying experience last month when I helped my cousin buy a Hyundai Elantra, I didn't feel that I had enough time to shop around more. Also, had I been able to wait an extra day or two, a friend of a friend who works for a Hyundai company would have been able to offer me their friends & family discount pricing. At the end, I was able to get the Costco pricing, but I wasn't convinced that it was the best deal.
I usually go through my auto broker and I got my camry through my broker, but this time around, they couldn't even touch the cost that MB Toyota offered. They even suggested to go to them because that invoice was ridiculously too good. This helped me make my decision.

Other dealerships were averaging $18,500 for the same car and color. Longo was the next cheapest at $18,120. Even telling several dealerships that I'm willing to buy the car on that day, they couldn't even come close to Longo's offer, even after showing them the quote I got from Longo.
I got lucky when MB Toyota reached out to me after I submitted for offers through Edmunds.com

The selling price was $17,520.49 without the rebate. With the rebate, the selling price would go down to $16,020.49

I went with 60 months, 0.0% APR. The total came to be $19,217.28 OTD, and with $2000 down, it's about $286/month. Not bad in my books.

Anyways, I picked it up last night and happy with the deal they gave me.

Thanks everyone for your inputs!

Reactions: got-rice

·
straight cash homie
22,852 Posts
I usually go through my auto broker and I got my camry through my broker, but this time around, they couldn't even touch the cost that MB Toyota offered. They even suggested to go to them because that invoice was ridiculously too good. This helped me make my decision.

Other dealerships were averaging $18,500 for the same car and color. Longo was the next cheapest at $18,120. Even telling several dealerships that I'm willing to buy the car on that day, they couldn't even come close to Longo's offer, even after showing them the quote I got from Longo.
I got lucky when MB Toyota reached out to me after I submitted for offers through Edmunds.com

The selling price was $17,520.49 without the rebate. With the rebate, the selling price would go down to $16,020.49

I went with 60 months, 0.0% APR. The total came to be $19,217.28 OTD, and with $2000 down, it's about $286/month. Not bad in my books.

Anyways, I picked it up last night and happy with the deal they gave me.

Thanks everyone for your inputs!
In that case, you did all right, after the rebate was applied to the selling price.

But I can tell, incentives were definitely better in December. It just looks like right now a lot of the dealers aren't bending much on price, so I can imagine that the iM supply got a little tighter to start the year.

Will the iM be your wife's new daily or yours?

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
In that case, you did all right, after the rebate was applied to the selling price.

But I can tell, incentives were definitely better in December. It just looks like right now a lot of the dealers aren't bending much on price, so I can imagine that the iM supply got a little tighter to start the year.

Will the iM be your wife's new daily or yours?
It's to replace my Celica. My camry is my daily and the Corolla will be for fun.

The wife will be getting a better car in the near future, maybe a Lexus GX350 or a small CUV. For now, until the baby comes, she likes her Prius.

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Can't get stick in the mean time, sad to say. The wife will need to be able to drive it.

If my wife knew how to drive stick, I would have kept my Genesis Coupe or got an STI instead of the Camry.

·
straight cash homie
22,852 Posts
Can't get stick in the mean time, sad to say. The wife will need to be able to drive it.

If my wife knew how to drive stick, I would have kept my Genesis Coupe or got an STI instead of the Camry.
:thumbsup: I myself am thinking about a new car. Wanted to like the new iM but there's no moonroof and LED lights, so its off the list for me unfortunately. I liked the way Toyota packaged the Corolla S Plus 6 Speed up to last year, but they no longer include the Navigation anymore with it. Because of that, I'm really liking the Elantra Sport though.

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:thumbsup: I myself am thinking about a new car. Wanted to like the new iM but there's no moonroof and LED lights, so its off the list for me unfortunately. I liked the way Toyota packaged the Corolla S Plus 6 Speed up to last year, but they no longer include the Navigation anymore with it. Because of that, I'm really liking the Elantra Sport though.
The Elantra Sport is nicely packaged car for its class. Have you also checked out KIA Forte 5-door? It's a bit sportier.

Regarding the iM not having the sunroof and LED lights, those I can live without since my Camry has all of those. Plus, the iM has other features that my camry doesn't such as the auto-folding mirrors, lane departure, pre-collision radar, and better fuel economy. It's pretty peppy for what it is and a much much improvement over my old Celica.

My Celica is showing it's age and it's a bit of a hassle now to maintain. I need to replace the serpentine belt and engine mounts to keep it running smoothly for few more years but that's something I don't want to spend money on for now.

·
Registered
36 Posts

Very nice car from everything I've heard. Enjoy.

Just out of curiosity, if the selling price was 17,520 minus 1,500 discount, how do you get to OTD price of 19,200? Tax is likely 1576 to 1664.

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Very nice car from everything I've heard. Enjoy.

Just out of curiosity, if the selling price was 17,520 minus 1,500 discount, how do you get to OTD price of 19,200? Tax is likely 1576 to 1664.
I didn't get the $1,500 discount. I was pointing out if I opted for the rebate, it would go down to $16,020. You can't both get $1,500 rebate with 0% 60 months APR. It's either one.

So my selling price was $17,520.

·
straight cash homie
22,852 Posts
The Elantra Sport is nicely packaged car for its class. Have you also checked out KIA Forte 5-door? It's a bit sportier.
Actually, when my cousin was shopping for a car, he pretty set on the Forte sedan because of his mechanic's advice, but I personally felt that the Elantra was the better vehicle to buy because the newer 2017 Fortes are now being built in Mexico, whereas before they were built in Korea.

Also, the Kia dealer was not great to deal with while the Hyundai dealer was so much better to deal with (He has certain biases with Japan, so Civic and Corolla out of the question).

But yeah, the Forte5 SX has the same turbo motor, and definitely is a little nicer (has a power driver's seat that the ES doesn't have). But being built in Mexico, IDK if I would take consider it since the plant is so new. The ES's are hitting dealers now but to find a Forte SX 6 speed would require going out of state.

Regarding the iM not having the sunroof and LED lights, those I can live without since my Camry has all of those. Plus, the iM has other features that my camry doesn't such as the auto-folding mirrors, lane departure, pre-collision radar, and better fuel economy. It's pretty peppy for what it is and a much much improvement over my old Celica.
Yeah, I was looking at Corollas too and it offers the most safety features in the class at its price point. If I had to get a cheap Elantra though, I would get the Value Package one that has a few of the safety stuff, but also a moonroof and power seat, not to mention the Apple Carplay and Android Auto.
My Celica is showing it's age and it's a bit of a hassle now to maintain. I need to replace the serpentine belt and engine mounts to keep it running smoothly for few more years but that's something I don't want to spend money on for now.
Will you be selling or parking it for the time being?

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
36 Posts
I didn't get the $1,500 discount. I was pointing out if I opted for the rebate, it would go down to $16,020. You can't both get $1,500 rebate with 0% 60 months APR. It's either one.

So my selling price was $17,520.
Thank you, I overlooked that.

I am going to point something out for future reference that may be useful to others.

In this case where the option is a discount of $1500 or 0 % APR for 60 months, if you choose the financing you are in fact paying $1500 in finance charges. In your case it comes out to about 3.5 % APR.

The reason I point this out is to show the true cost of financing, not free, since you are paying more for the car than you otherwise would without financing. Also, you may be able to finance it yourself at a lower interest rate if you have good credit through a bank or credit union, and take the discounted price.

How significant, if any, the savings may be depends on the individual cases.

·
Registered
2018 Rav4 XLE
12 Posts
Hello all,

MSRP $20,560

Invoice $19,440.49

Selling price $17,540.49

$19,238 OTD.

Compare At [?]$15,802
Freight + $865
FitzWay Low Price$16,667*
NEW 2017 Toyota
Body Style: CVT Automatic (Model#: 6272)
Color: CLASSIC SILVER / BLACK SPORT CLOTH
VIN: JTNKARJEXHJ533978 / Trans: CVT w/OD
Map/Directions
MSRP: $20,564
Invoice: $19,462
$3,897 Below MSRP
2/10/2017

http://www.fitzmall.com/Inventory/Detail/00006089969/NEW-2017-Toyota-Corolla iM

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Compare At [?]$15,802
Freight + $865
FitzWay Low Price$16,667*
NEW 2017 Toyota
Body Style: CVT Automatic (Model#: 6272)
Color: CLASSIC SILVER / BLACK SPORT CLOTH
VIN: JTNKARJEXHJ533978 / Trans: CVT w/OD
Map/Directions
MSRP: $20,564
Invoice: $19,462
$3,897 Below MSRP
2/10/2017

http://www.fitzmall.com/Inventory/Detail/00006089969/NEW-2017-Toyota-Corolla iM
Thank you but I already purchased it.

Plus, I'm located in California. I don't think a car in Pennsylvania will do me any good and the color is incorrect.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.