Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
90% of the time somebody asks me about my truck, it's "So does that scoop add much HP?"

I always want to give some smart-assed answer, but I think they're usually serious.

What kinds of questions does everybody else get?

·
HANG UP AND DRIVE!!!
948 Posts
In this forum... "What's the biggest tires I can put on my truck without it rubbing?" :eek:

In person... simply "Do you like it?"

·
Row Dialin'
2,832 Posts
Casual person: "Do you like it?"

Girls: "I like your long bed. Can I see inside your access cab?"

Other Tacoma owners: "Where did you get those wheels?"

·
HANG UP AND DRIVE!!!
948 Posts
Oh yeah... I almost forgot. My wife... "How much more stuff do you need to add on to your truck before you're finished with it?" :lol:

·
1nDu57r14L 74c0
'06 Tacoma dbl 4x4
115 Posts
Things i've heard so far:

I like it tehehehe (lol)
That thing is badass (and/or) nice
Im thinking about buying one
why do you keep it so clean? its a truck!
Its too big!

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
I always get asked if I did everything to the truck..hood, body kit and all, wheels
They are shocked when i tell them its factory

·
Registered
254 Posts
I was the first to have the larger Taco (I got it a year ago) and, now, two neighbors own one!

I've been asked,

"Is that the same truck in that commercial that gets hit by a meteor?"

"What's the difference between a Tacoma and a Tundra?"

"I like your Tundra!"

"I like your truck, is that the new Chevy?"

:)

·
french fried taters
546 Posts
"Does it have a v-8?" Then they give me this look of disappointment when I tell them its a v-6.

·
Yo Quiero Tacoma
2006 DCab Tacoma
19 Posts
does that taco come with meat and cheese?:lol:

N

·
0 Posts
Where did I get the hard tonneau( Undercover )and what did I pay for it. Never have been asked about or received any comments on the truck itself. Not yet anyway.

·
Registered
'05 Tacoma TRD
83 Posts
a guy yesterday asked me what the HP was.....so i told him...he wow, more than my Dodge Cummins....

I laughed, but I reminded him it didn't quite have the mega-oodles of torque his has

·
Registered
28 Posts
EngineerBoo said:
"I like your truck, is that the new Chevy?":)
Is the resemblance between the Tacoma and the Canyon/Colorado strictly coincidental? Resemblance such as size, weight, time to market, fender flares.

There's no tie between the two, is there? I know that NUMMI is a jv of Toyota and GM, but the Canyon/Colorado isn't made there, is it? I think NUMMI did make a version of the Corolla for GM (forget what it was called).

·
Don't mess with the Blue
'06 DC Sport TRD
1,809 Posts
yeah, i always get asked if it has a V8. Gosh, I hate answering people over and over and over. If people knew anything about vehicles, then they would know that Tacoma's do not come with V8's. Other than that, they ask me what color blue it is. And I love answering "Speedway Blue".

·
Registered
182 Posts
Two big questions

1) From Car Guys - how did you get a stick in a 4dr truck?

2) From Truck Guys ( I work for a trucking company ) - can you get a diesel in that?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts