Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone whats up. Whats it mean when another camry owner is behind you and flashes his high beams?

·
Gen5.5 Sportivo V6
04 Camry Sportivo V6
554 Posts
there are probably a few reasons why they would do that,
either he was flashing at the oncoming traffic saying there is a cop up ahead, or you did something to piss him off :p:

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
Yeah, unless you know the person, it just means "GET OUT OF THE WAY SLOW ASS!". No other meaning bro. Doesn't matter if it's a Camry or any other car. It means get out of the way.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
i do that. its means lets race the next red light we get to. lol naw. um, the most common reasons were stated. "watch out ahead" "out of my way you slow turd" "wtf did you cut me off for" "you dumbass" "hey don't i know you" " nice car" "lets race"

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no idea just was another camry with a few mods. Sounded like a muffler not sure what else besides some green lights on the corners. I have a w-r intake so it sounds kinda like a muffler and a front underbody neon so not sure maybe just one of those brotherly and sisterly things camry owners have.

·
Car Breaker
689 Posts
Only people that have done that to me were the ones to warn me there was a cop up ahead and I was going to fast. Or for the fact I didn't have my lights on at night, they would blink to let me know I needed to turn them on - kind of obvious I have no lights at night, but the gesture I appreciate.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Flashing the high beams is internationally recognized as "get the hell out of the passing lane you slow ass dingleberry".

- Paul

·
The Camburger
525 Posts
^ yup, get out of the way. but if im driving slow they never flash their lights at me. they blow right past me and get stuck at the next red light. i dont know why they think one car space will get them there faster. lol

·
F'ing 3sgte swap ARGH!!!!
Celica 6th Gen Convt
808 Posts
from where i come from, if the car behind u does tat, it means that he is asking for a beating (literally)

usually what i'll do, (when i'm driving back home) is, pull over with my car infront and walk over with my baseball bat...

well, it only happened once to me, and the reason y the dumbass flashed his lights at me was cause erm... he and his girl was doing something while he was driving.. for when i walked over... i suddenly saw a girls head pop up from no where and he was frantically struggling with his hands... :lol:

I'm serious. it is the truth

·
Go camry goooooo
5,109 Posts
Aaagogo said:
from where i come from, if the car behind u does tat, it means that he is asking for a beating (literally)

usually what i'll do, (when i'm driving back home) is, pull over with my car infront and walk over with my baseball bat...

well, it only happened once to me, and the reason y the dumbass flashed his lights at me was cause erm... he and his girl was doing something while he was driving.. for when i walked over... i suddenly saw a girls head pop up from no where and he was frantically struggling with his hands... :lol:

I'm serious. it is the truth

haha was she bobbing for apples?

·
Bootyologist
2004 Toyota Camry LE
1,531 Posts
i don't flash my high beams when i see other Camry drivers i switch my headlights to DRL's and then back to HL's.....i flash people when they piss me off....people flash me thinkin i'm driving with my high beams on which i'm really not, it's juss that i have very bright lights.

·
Current title:
253 Posts
Admiral said:
they blow right past me and get stuck at the next red light. i dont know why they think one car space will get them there faster. lol
its only those times that i actually blow past the slow peeps i get stuck at the next light :rolleyes: :confused:

but otherwise yah..if im behind u and im flashing my lights it means get out of my way

·
I DONT HAVE A CAR...
31 Posts
Admiral said:
^ yup, get out of the way. but if im driving slow they never flash their lights at me. they blow right past me and get stuck at the next red light. i dont know why they think one car space will get them there faster. lol
You my friend are the reason people hate rush hour. Ok you're in traffic and you have one asshole that drives 10 miles an hour slower than everyone else in the passing lane. if you want to drive slow they have slow lanes for that reason. I hated driving the freeway daily due to peoples ignorance on the road. also most people dont get just 1 car length. they squeeze in and outta other cars usually gaining about 100 cars length. i have once done this in somewhat heavy traffic and a friend behind me didn't follow me or couldn't i made it home 1 hour before them. so yes, 1 car length here and there will help.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts