Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Toyota Avalon
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shopping for a 2014 Avalon now & have 2 questions that I haven't been able to answer myself from visiting the dealership. Can any of you 2013 or 2014 Avalon owners please confirm whether my impression about the following is correct or not: it looks to me that if you order either the black leather or almond leather interior, you are going to get some fake ("faux") brown wood trim on the dash; whereas if you order the light gray leather interior, you will get piano black plastic trim on the dash instead of the fake brown wood. Is that correct? - and if so, does this hold true across all available trim levels (XLE, XLE Premium, XLE Touring and Limited) and regardless whether you have the gas engine or hybrid model?

Also does anyone know whether the XLE Touring model's wheels (rims) are identical in appearance to the Limited's rims, when choosing a V-6 (non-hybrid) Avalon - or are the Touring model's rims more of a graphite/matte gray, rather than bright silver as on the Limited V-6 model? Thanks.

·
Registered
344 Posts
My dark gray Limited with light gray interior has the interior very dark fake wood. Matter of fact, I never noticed that it was not just dark metal until one day when I saw the sun shining on it, and saw the fake wood grain.

Reactions: gohawaiian

·
Registered
TAHL with tech
31 Posts
Shopping for a 2014 Avalon now & have 2 questions that I haven't been able to answer myself from visiting the dealership. Can any of you 2013 or 2014 Avalon owners please confirm whether my impression about the following is correct or not: it looks to me that if you order either the black leather or almond leather interior, you are going to get some fake ("faux") brown wood trim on the dash; whereas if you order the light gray leather interior, you will get piano black plastic trim on the dash instead of the fake brown wood. Is that correct? - and if so, does this hold true across all available trim levels (XLE, XLE Premium, XLE Touring and Limited) and regardless whether you have the gas engine or hybrid model?

Also does anyone know whether the XLE Touring model's wheels (rims) are identical in appearance to the Limited's rims, when choosing a V-6 (non-hybrid) Avalon - or are the Touring model's rims more of a graphite/matte gray, rather than bright silver as on the Limited V-6 model? Thanks.
Yes to the first question and don't know about the second question.

·
Registered
2005 Toyota Avalon
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My dark gray Limited with light gray interior has the interior very dark fake wood. Matter of fact, I never noticed that it was not just dark metal until one day when I saw the sun shining on it, and saw the fake wood grain.
Was interested to get your reply - thanks. Looks as if the 2013 Avalons may have used the brown faux wood trim in all interiors, regardless of leather color. Whereas, the 2014 Avalon XLE with light gray interior seems to come with the piano black trim on the dash instead of the brown faux wood trim: I noticed that black plastic dash trim recently on a 2014 XLE with the light gray leather interior, but I'm still not certain whether this black dash trim is on all the other 2014 models (XLE Premium, Touring & Limited).

·
Registered
2005 Toyota Avalon
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have 2013 Limited with gray interior that has the black trim.

Jeff
Thanks - tho now I'm truly confused! I don't know what to make of this, since another 2013 Avalon Limited owner replied that his car's gray leather interior has the faux wood grain, rather than the black trim. I wonder whether the initial production run in 2013 began with the faux wood grain in all Avalons regardless of interior color choice, and perhaps Toyota later substituted the piano black plastic trim in cars with the light gray leather interior. Will know more if a 2014 Avalon owner with the light gray interior replies to this thread.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Thanks - tho now I'm truly confused! I don't know what to make of this, since another 2013 Avalon Limited owner replied that his car's gray leather interior has the faux wood grain, rather than the black trim. I wonder whether the initial production run in 2013 began with the faux wood grain in all Avalons regardless of interior color choice, and perhaps Toyota later substituted the piano black plastic trim in cars with the light gray leather interior. Will know more if a 2014 Avalon owner with the light gray interior replies to this thread.
At first, I thought the trim was black but then when the sun was shining on it, I could see that it looked like very dark wood.

Reactions: gohawaiian
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.