Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Scion xA
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put nice rims and tires on my xA (215 40 r17) and everything looks great except the gap between the tire and fender. I feel like I'm in a 4x4 ready to go to race Baha! I was considering a set of Eibach Prokit springs because that should lower it about 2 inches and it is affordable. Is there anything else I will need to change to lower the car? I've heard maybe struts (I think that is what the person said...sorry not more knowledgable on cars) to keep the wheels at a 90 degree angle to the pavement. I don't want my wheels to be bowed out like I see on some cars. Can I keep the stock shocks too? Trying to do this on a budget. Let me know. Thanks!

·
2,695 Posts
The reason someone suggested shocks for you is that stock shocks are not designed for springs with that extreme of a drop. What will happen is that you will bottom out the shock, (or constantly reach it's maximum compression) and that will cause them to leak (blow out). then you're stuck replacing them anyway.

the angle that your wheels are at, also known as camber, isn't affected by the struts but by the drop because of the arc that your wheel assembly travels when compressing and decrompressing. the only way to correct this is with camber plates in the front and shims in the rear since you have a McPhearson Strut front/ torsion beam rear suspension.

Do it right the first time and get shocks and springs. I'd suggest KYB AGX's

·
Registered
2006 Scion xA
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay. Just to make sure I've got this correct. Here's what I'm going to need...

Eibach Prokit Springs (~$220)
KYB AGX Shocks (~$36 x 2 for rear, ~$86 x 2 for front)
Camber plates for front (~cost? and what do I need?)
Shims for rear (~cost? and what do I need?)

Does that look right? Without Camber plates and Shims I'm at about $464 plus tax. Let me know if I'm missing something.

Thanks for all your help!

·
Turbos = Witchcraft
2004 Scion xA
730 Posts
The eibach's dont lower your car very much FYI

Here is my car with the eibach sportlines (lowers it more than the prokit)

Get some k-sport coilovers. It will run you a little more but so worth it

S

·
0 Posts

^That was the first night I put my Tanabe DF210's on, a nice 2.2" drop all around. I am on 215 40 R17's as well and it got rid of my wheel gap. I love it.

I only put the springs on and Hotchkis Front Sway Bar.

This is a few months ago but it gives you a better look at the drop. Mine is the one in the front of the line.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts