Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a nice 2001 Tacoma ext, 4cyl auto on E-bay and bought it.
Is there any way I can get automatic daytime driving lights to work? I suspect it is already wired just needs a relay of some sort. The 2000 manual indicates it was an option.
I have factory sunroof, one of the buttons on sunroof control panel is labeled ASW. Can't figure out what it does. Anybody know?
Truck has no mudflaps. Anybody have any opinions about what kind etc.?
my previous Prerunner had the fenderwell flares(?) that I kind of like. Anybody know a good source? It was an option.
Truck has 75K on it and shifts so smooth you can't even feel it. Very nice.
Is there a color code on the truck so that I can get right color touchup?

thanks

·
Registered
435 Posts
Lights

It probably dosent have daytime running lights.Thats why they dont work.Unless some one disabled them.The flairs you can get from bushwhacker or performance products.They sell several different brands.Mudflaps are up to you.Seems like everybody makes them.If you want a perfect fit get the toyotas.No drilling.Look in owners manual about the sunroof.If all else fails push the button and see what it dose.Dose it do anything at all?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I Have 2001 Toy but owners manual is 2000 which has no mention of electric sunroof. When I push button it lights green, push it again and it is red.
I realize truck does not have DRL but would like to figure out how to install. Surely someone out there has done this.

thanks

·
GO PATRIOTS!
2007 Tundra
8,676 Posts
I dont know personally but this forum has alot listed on it for DRL's-must of the threads are for disabling the DRL's but a few have threads for hooking them up. It sounds like you have to buy an aftermarket kit which would be cheaper than getting the proper stuff from Toyota.

http://www.yotatech.com/search.php?searchid=1364459

·
Registered
01 & 04 S-Runners
567 Posts
rbc said:
... Is there a color code on the truck so that I can get right color touchup? ...
(1) Open your driver's side door and locate the vehicle information sticker or plate located on the door jamb/ frame.

(2) Look for the annotation "C / TR" - this is the label indicating the location of "Color / Trim" data.

(3) Next to the C / TR should be a pair of 3- and 4-character strings of the form "XXX / YYYY"

(4) The first of these (3 characters) is your paint code.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
enolagaia, thanks for the info.

Dana, maybe I am doing something wrong but search shows only 2 items for DRL.

·
GO PATRIOTS!
2007 Tundra
8,676 Posts
^^^^^^My bad I posted the wrong search or it expired or something :confused:

Click on this----http://www.yotatech.com/

And where it says search on yotatech's website type in DRL, I didnt have the time to read all the posts but most of them are for disabling the DRL's but there are some for enabling.

http://www.yotatech.com/ damn I keep messing up try that ^^^^

1 - 7 of 7 Posts