Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'evenin, trying to determine asking price for selling my elderly mother's car privately but not sure how to determine if it's a Camry LE 2.4L 4cyl 4A or 4cyl 5M. Both Kelly Bluebook and Edmunds sites require this field filled in to provide an estimated value.
Also, if car is 1 owner with no accidents and maintained of oil changes, tires and has minor scratches, what used Condition is that? My mom only used car locally and most miles at once occurred when she drove about 1300 to relocate.
Thanks in advance to U'z for your help or guidance in this matter.
Mrs A.I.R.

·
Registered
2004 Toyota Camry, 2017 Toyota Camry, and many many more lol
238 Posts
It would be considered very good condition or excellent but very good would give you a more realistic value of it at least that’s what I have found if it has light scratches

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm only speculating that 4A could mean "four speed automatic" and 5M could mean "five speed manual" (referring to the transmission type).

I've read the opinion that those book values don't mean much. Just get an idea of what a similar car is selling for in your area, and start high. Find out how much CarMax would pay for it, and that would be below your floor for a private sale, since selling to CarMax is easier, I assume.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ohhhh, that's an easy one, my mom's car definitely ain't stick. Heck, she could barely drive a regular car, lol.
Thanks, then it should be a cinch to sell.*
*Last time I sold a toyota in under 48 hours. This baby was disguised as an awesome Pontiac Vibe, and I still had a plethora of buyers, despite it being a 2005 and having 205K miles!

·
Registered
Look in sig
9,020 Posts
Local market is important. pop on craiglist and see what your area has going. Based off the current supply/demand, price based off the median. You could get more $$$ if the car has maintenance records and looks in great shape...that'll be on the upper side.

Going rate here is anywhere from $2.5K-4.5K. Getting into the $5K starts to approach the Gen6 models ($3.5-7K ish)...this is all private party range.

·
Registered
388 Posts
@Kingdom934 is absolutely correct that looking on Craigslist is an excellent way to gauge asking prices in your area. I have also found eBay Motors very useful in looking at the completed auctions for vehicles of the same make, model, and year as anything I'm considering buying or selling.

·
Registered
2004Toyota Camry V6
1,672 Posts
A dealership acquiring that vehicle would spruce it up a little bit and ask $6590. I wouldn't put too much credence in blue book $$. Camrys like you have in that condition are hard to find, in demand and don't last long in the for sale section.Potential buyers who don't know squat about vehicle condition/maintenance won't be interested, but a person who knows what he is looking in a vehicle will pay the price, or close to it.

·
Registered
2004Toyota Camry V6
1,672 Posts
Don't sell it to the first yahoo who shows up and offers you $2000 .Camrys in that condition are hard to find and aren't for sale very long.

·
Camry_owner
2003 Camry LE 2.4L
133 Posts
If the mileage is real only 110K withour any car accident record on it, you can get a good value for the car. Also if the car paint is still in good shape and interior , exterior is clean, you might get a good price on the camry. Camry runs for ever with very little maintenance. Just don't rush to sell it, you will get a good value if you can take time to sell the car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts