Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

My car, gen 5 (2002) is nearing the end of its powertrain warranty and is done its bumper to bumper warranty.

I was wondering if any of you know, how would I find out if I had any recalls or repairs that should have been done to the car. Just today I read the thread about an '04 camry having some tranny valve recall.

It concerns me, but would the dealer tell me these things? because they didnt for my old gen 4 camry that needed an ignition cylinder recall. i found out from a mechanic friend not a letter or dealer. Is there a website, or something I can ask for?

THANKS GUYS:whatwhat:

·
Moving Forward
3,144 Posts
Not sure about in Canada but here in the US there is a federal website that lists all recalls for cars. You can try it, I would think that recalls for the US and canada would be the same. Or whatever your governments safety regualtions department is may have a website similar to what we have. Here is the link for the one in the US.

www.nhtsa.gov

when you get there you should see a link for recalls then you ahve to put in year, make, model and several different things. Each one taht is required is in a different screen so it takes a minute to get there. Hope that helsp somewhat.

·
Moving Forward
3,144 Posts
Just so you know the car does not have to be under warranty for the recals to be taken care of. IF it is a safety issue it has to be repaired at anytime. I can rememebr doing recall work on cars that were well out of warranty byt several years. ALso look at the headgasket issues with 3VZ engines n trucks, sludge problems in 5SFE and 1MZFE engines in camry, ES, RX and whatever else. NOw there is the recall on the trucks and SUV's for vehicles that are ten years old or more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts