Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
first time on the forum - and i'm ready to learn! Anyway, I am looking to buy another Yaris but I'm not sure what to look for. My first vehicle was a 2008 Yaris and she went over 300k miles and from what the current owner tells me, she's still driving. I made the mistake of transitioning from a Yaris to a Volkswagen and regret it.
What problems does the 2015 Yaris normally have? And can I expect it to last as long as my 2008 Yaris? I had no major problems the whole time I owned the vehicle, I'm looking for a vehicle that will offer a similar experience because I'm a college student.
I've been looking for another car and spotted a used Yaris online. I found one that seems to be a good deal, the catch is that it was in an accident labeled as 'moderate'. It had a rear impact that left the vehicle unable to drive (it was towed away), but this accident occurred 4 years ago. It has about 75,000 miles, what should I expect to have to fix in the next few years if I buy it?
Thanks all in advance for your time and help!

·
Registered
2004 Echo RS
29 Posts
I know that at one point Toyota started using a Mazda engine in the Yaris. If your plan is to keep the car for a long time - I would double check to see who manufacturers the engine and transmission. I know that the Mazada engine is decent but it isn't as good as the Toyota engine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know that at one point Toyota started using a Mazda engine in the Yaris. If your plan is to keep the car for a long time - I would double check to see who manufacturers the engine and transmission. I know that the Mazada engine is decent but it isn't as good as the Toyota engine.
dabrows,
How would I go about checking it? Basic google searches aren’t panning out for me. On the CarFax it just says 1.5L I4 F DOHC 16V.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts