Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello People:

I just bought used 2001 Sienna (this makes me a part of the Toyota family)
It doest not have the owners manual, I have a few question for you guys:

1. What is the size of the front and rear wipers? Like in inches so I can replace them.
2. Which are the recommended engine Spark plugs for this van?
3. What type
4. What kind of coolant is recommended for this? (Will something like Prestrone long life can be used or not? The Orange colored one)
5. My remote door opener acts funny (actually I haven’t figured out the correct operation) it has a factory installed remote starter as well. There are 2 buttons (I & II) Button I lock/unlocks the doors. Button II, remotely starts the van. I have trouble understanding the sequence for Button I, as at times I press it once & it locks one door, I hold it down & it locks all doors. Does anyone know the correct function & operation of these… Will really appreciate your help.
6. Can I get a copy of the owner’s manual? Checked ebay, there was a dealer ship selling it for like 100 bucks!!!
7. It does not have a roof rack. Is it easy to install one or do I have to take it to the dealer? The dealer is asking $200 to install it…

Appreciate all your HELP ! ! !

Thanks
jellyMan

·
Registered
1998 Camry CE
2,075 Posts
Where was the van purchased from? It is a legal requirement to have the owners manual .... so you should have recieved one when you recieved the new ownership.

·
Moving Forward
3,144 Posts
ok for the wipers you should be able to go to any store that sells wipers and they will ahve a book to tell you what size they are. I jsut replaced mine and dont rememebr what they were because next time I will jsut look it up again.

sparks plugs stick with platinum. Use either NGK or Denso platinum like waht they come with from the factory.

COolant, again stick with the factory/dealer coolant or something that has the same formulation. Toyota uses its own formula for the coolant. so jsut make sure the aftermarket coolant matches the formula of the factory.

For the remote door opener I am assuming you mean the door locks and not the actual sliding doors. I didnt think Toyota offered a factory remote start in 01. Maybe they did in Canada but I dont think they did here in the US. IF they did not offer it then it is an aftermarket system and you will ahve to find the manufacturer of the system so you can get a book for it.

FOr the roof rack I wold go to the dealer unless you can find it cheaper and know how to install it yourself. I have put several roof racks on before and you have to drill through the roof without getting into the headliner and using certain inserts so that you can anchro the rack properly. I bought an aftermarket rack for my Pathfinder and jsut the rack cost a little over 100USD. SInce I knew how to install it I didnt have to pay labor. But if you can get a dealer installed one for 200 that sounds like a decent deal to me. I know that is Canadian but still doesnt sound to bad. Unless the exchange rate is something like 2 to 1 or something crazy like that . What would it be in USD.

Owners manual check local, laws like Hajoca said. the dealer may have to get you one at no charge.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just brought in our 02 Sienna XLE LTD with 92K KM for 96K KM Service. I got the information you need

1. Check at Canadian Tire, they should have a book for you to flip around till you find the wiper size
2. Iridium Spark Plugs are Reccomended for 01-03 Siennas due to the new VVT-i Design.
3. Iridium
4. Coolant, Longlife
5. A Relative had the same type of remote as you in his Mazda MX-6, Press I and that locks, Press I Twice (Not really sure) to unlock.
6. Call Toyota Canada, they will send you a owners manual free of charge. At that time, change the owner's information currently in their database.
7. Try another Toyota Dealership, see what they're charging. Choose whatever is cheaper and more reliable.

We purchased our 02 Sienna XLE LTD on July 5th, 2007 at Granville Toyota with 88500 KM. Car is still running strong. Not really sure if we have Engine Sludge but they did a Hot Engine Oil Flush after they changed the Engine Oil...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.