1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
WALKING AND TRAVELING SUX
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Pimpin the Lesbo Blue Cam
188 Posts
rock the steelies, thats your best bet. your gonna be given crap no matter what. So your options are: keep the stock hubcaps, or rock the steelies. i mean even if you get"decent" caps, theyre gonna be stolen in a week. or if you want to go uber ricer...paint the steelies gold. with a camry its rims or nothing

·
165 Posts
Whatever you do, don't paint it to look like your car. Don't buy hubcaps either, unless you can buy a whole set for $5 like I did once at Target.

·
mixed bag 'o vehicles
2,862 Posts
maybe paint you stock hubcaps black? i guy a block over from me did that to his (or her) gen 3 and it actually looked pretty good - for having hubcaps.

·
4,181 Posts
Suggestion

Don't paint them to match the car :disappoin, don't get chrome to draw attention to your steel wheels underneath, do look at picking up some 14" Toyota hubcaps from ebay, I've seen the 2001 Camry on a Gen 3 and though I knew they were hubcaps they looked good on it. Jojn.

·
slowamatic noob
1996 Toyota Camry
3,858 Posts
to be honest, those 14 inch chromes are even worse than the stock hubcaps in my opinion...but do what you want....but most people on these fourms dont like that bling bling :lol:

·
2GR FTW
2007 Toyota Camry SE
1,543 Posts
I'd stick with the stock hubcaps, or something that looks close to it. It that, or do bare steelies.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I say do what you think is good for you and on my cam for now I have something called black onyx 14" hubcaps and compared to having the dirty looking steelies it improved the look alot and everyone said it looks better and its not one of those chrome looking ones either at night from far it looks like a 5 spoke hyper black rim. No one has said it looks nasty or ricey and I dont think its ricey either and its gonna be like this till I get my K-sport coilovers and some volks in the near future. But the ones on ebay I dont like it and too much trouble for just hubcaps anyway just go to autozone or something and see one you like and go with it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
here's a suggestion, take off the hubcaps. they only cheapen the look of the car, particularly the aftermarket ones you get from walmart or autozone.

Sand down your steelies, prime, then paint them silver. that's your best bet and most cost effective.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts