Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1991 celica gt
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the spare tire setup ok got a plastick round thing with threads and a metal disc?

why was there a gallon of water in the spare tire well AND underneath that littel organizer cup?

i know a camry is suppose to have a comfortable ride BUT where do i draw the line?

is the oil cooler a necessaty?

thanks

·
O-Dark-30
93 Camry Le
409 Posts
the spare tire setup ok got a plastick round thing with threads and a metal disc?

why was there a gallon of water in the spare tire well AND underneath that littel organizer cup?

i know a camry is suppose to have a comfortable ride BUT where do i draw the line?

is the oil cooler a necessaty?

thanks
Either your trunk seal or the rear window seal is leaking.

·
Registered
1991 celica gt
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
allright yea i figured it wasnt the antena because that area is dry

i still for the life of me figure out the spare tire

·
O-Dark-30
93 Camry Le
409 Posts
i vote trunk seal. that has happened on BOTH of my gen3s and even on my gen4.
Maybe I better check mine out before the rainy season. I would hate to soak down my audio gear.

·
Registered
552 Posts
There is supposed to be a threaded rod that goes on the nut welded to the bottom of the trunk, you place the wheel over the rod and screw the threaded disk over it to hold it down.

On my car the spare tire well would get water in it because the plastic center piece on the back of the trunk would get water behind it and it would pour out into the trunk every time the trunk was opened.

·
Registered
1991 celica gt
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well the thing is the threre is a round orange plastic pice that is down at the bottom of the threaded rod is this suppose to fit inside the wheel?

·
Stock? Blasphemy!
06 Rav4 v6
879 Posts
i have seen a lot of camrys (used to work at a dealership) and i have never seen an orange plastic thing in the spare tire area. it should just be a threaded rod with a brass plate and brown or black plastic nut to tighten the brass plate down onto the wheel. then you put that fiber board over the tire and attach the smaller black nut to hold the board down. then carpet.

·
Registered
1991 celica gt
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh then i must be missing a pice i got the stamped plate ant the threded plastic pice

1 - 9 of 9 Posts