Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to take off the black side moldings off a CE and will it leave any marks? Please let me know !:)

Also, is it easy to buy a factory Spoiler and install it?

·
07 Corolla
46 Posts
Well im not sure about the side moldings, but i put my factory spoiler on my 07, its the same as yours. I bought mine on ebay, but beware, most do not come with a templete, u will need this so u can find out where to drill your holes. And make sure your templete line up with your spoiler. U can go to the dealer and they will have them, its just a piece of paper with the outline and drill marks on it.

·
I Break Everything!
207 Posts
As for the mouldings they should only be stick ons. Get a hairdryer a plastic putty knife and go to town. Use some mineral spirits to clean the paint afterwords. then Wax if you have the time.

·
Whine connoisseur
2004 Corolla S
473 Posts
definitely wash and wax when done. Be wary though, some owners have experienced a door or 2 having a different paint shade under the molding

·
Registered
corolla xrs
55 Posts
you got an 06 so I don't think you would have a different shade because it haven't being under the sun for too long. but a lot of people did remove the side molding and i think I will do it too this summer

·
Registered
497 Posts
wait for a hot sunny day. that's when I took mine off... no clean up needed. It came off clean.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts