Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys, i'm planning on doing the 4agze engine swap next summer, but i was wondering what tranny i would be using. Since the syncros for 2nd gear in my tranny are messed up so i can't down shift to second, i was thinking about changing the tranny. But i was wondering if i would be using the same corolla tranny, and bolt that to the mr2 supercharged. Faster the answer the better :D, thanks guys.

Varun

·
Druken Postwhore
AE92GTS
2,490 Posts
^ if you are doing AE86 engine swap, MR2 tranny will not work since its transaxle.
just rebuilt the old tranny. some time if your synchro is bad, try bleeding your clutch master/slave fluid....but if its black, don't bother, cuz that'll make things worse.

·
Immortal
332 Posts
TRDragoon said:
^ if you are doing AE86 engine swap, MR2 tranny will not work since its transaxle.
just rebuilt the old tranny. some time if your synchro is bad, try bleeding your clutch master/slave fluid....but if its black, don't bother, cuz that'll make things worse.
You won't be able to use the T50 tranny with the stock 4AGZ flywheel without machining the bellhousing to clear the flywheel. The stock 4AGZ fly is too big (224mm). That being said, use either an AE92/101/111 flywheel (212mm) or the original AE86 flywheel (200mm). Get a new T50 tranny if your current one is having problems. That's cheaper than doing a rebuild, IMO, however, the T50 is not very tough, so if you plan on running more than stock boost on the 4AGZ, then maybe a tranny upgrade should be considered...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alright, kool. Thanks alot guys. I think i'm gonna go for a new T50, i can get one for 200 brand new, is that good?

I don't think i'm gonna be running more then stock boost, but if i wanted to what other trannys would fit? Thanks

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
actually, if anyone has a tranny that i could buy off them, i'd really appreciate it. I found out that the place that i was gonna buy my tranny from is actually used, so i don't really know.
Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts