Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
poor college student
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been researching nitrous systems and I really only have 1 question: with a dry nitrous setup, how is more fuel delivered through the injectors?

·
Reppin my Home
343 Posts
With a dry system, the fuel is injected through the intake manifold I believe. Unlike a wet system, it can sometimes be uneven distrobution between the cylinders.

I'm not really a No² buff, but i know a couple things :\

·
Registered
97 Posts
userlain said:
with a dry nitrous setup, how is more fuel delivered through the injectors?
it isnt. your thinking of a wet kit

·
poor college student
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
97 camry xle said:
lol uh oh... not another... hope this one doest go the same way :lol:
What are you talking about, n00b!? I am asking a simple question, not running 200shot nitrous on 2 cylinders and 2x the fuel on the other 2 cylinders on a 3SFE, nontheless.

Oh and FYI, the person who made that thread was from another forum and trying to get us all pissy.

·
poor college student
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
"Nitrous pressure is fed to the nozzle and the back side of the fuel pressure regulator diaphram, thus incresing fuel pressure."

So what is this fuel pressure regulator diaphram? Is this the MAF?

·
3s-gte in a Camry?!?
'89 Camry Alltrac
8,757 Posts
Any nitrous system will add extra fuel to the motor at the same time as its adding the nitrous (otherwise your motor would blow just about immediatly). A 'wet' system has its own fuel injector, as others have stated. A 'dry' system raises fuel pressure so that the stock fuel injectors spray more fuel.

The diaphram that they are talking about is in the fuel pressure regulator, which sits on your fuel rail (where the fuel injectors get the fuel). Regulators are referenced to manifold vacuum and adjust fuel pressure based on vacuum. By fooling the regulator with extra pressure on the regulating diaphram, you can make it provide higher fuel pressure.

If you stay with a very small shot (like 25!) you can go with a dry kit. If you start to go bigger, seriously think about doing it right with a wet system or even a full direct port setup. Don't be stupid and blow your motor right away.

Hope that answers your question.

-Charlie

·
Registered
73 Posts
userlain said:
What are you talking about, n00b!? I am asking a simple question, not running 200shot nitrous on 2 cylinders and 2x the fuel on the other 2 cylinders on a 3SFE, nontheless.

Oh and FYI, the person who made that thread was from another forum and trying to get us all pissy.
haha no shit, im not saying anything about you, i was just merely saying that in the last thread about this topic everyone got all pissy, so chill....

·
poor college student
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
white90dx said:
Any nitrous system will add extra fuel to the motor at the same time as its adding the nitrous (otherwise your motor would blow just about immediatly). A 'wet' system has its own fuel injector, as others have stated. A 'dry' system raises fuel pressure so that the stock fuel injectors spray more fuel.

The diaphram that they are talking about is in the fuel pressure regulator, which sits on your fuel rail (where the fuel injectors get the fuel). Regulators are referenced to manifold vacuum and adjust fuel pressure based on vacuum. By fooling the regulator with extra pressure on the regulating diaphram, you can make it provide higher fuel pressure.

If you stay with a very small shot (like 25!) you can go with a dry kit. If you start to go bigger, seriously think about doing it right with a wet system or even a full direct port setup. Don't be stupid and blow your motor right away.

-Charlie
Thanks for the info man! I had no idea that toyotas regulated fuel that way!

I was planning to only run a 35 shot for ~10 seconds.

·
3s-gte in a Camry?!?
'89 Camry Alltrac
8,757 Posts
userlain said:
Thanks for the info man! I had no idea that toyotas regulated fuel that way!

I was planning to only run a 35 shot for ~10 seconds.
All fuel injected cars regulate fuel that way... All normal ones do, at least.

If you are worried about it, find a reputable shop to install the nitrous for you. Talk to a few places before making any decisions...

-Charlie

·
poor college student
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm building the setup myself.

It will end up being a 25 shot, if anything.

white90dx; you know if a paintball co2 tank will store nitrous safely?

·
3s-gte in a Camry?!?
'89 Camry Alltrac
8,757 Posts
Please don't cheap out when it comes to your motor. Buy a well designed kit...

-Charlie

·
poor college student
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

It's not hard to fabricate a nitrous system, as long as you purchase good equipment.

·
3s-gte in a Camry?!?
'89 Camry Alltrac
8,757 Posts
userlain said:

It's not hard to fabricate a nitrous system, as long as you purchase good equipment.
You have yet to give me any faith that you know enough about cars to fabricate anything... That's why I suggested that you buy a pre-built well designed kit... I'm just looking out for you, man.

-Charlie

·
Registered
30 Posts
Wet vs Dry

white90dx said:

-Charlie [/B]
A wet kit is NOT better than a dry kit. A dry kit doesn't send fuel where it isn't supposed to be (IE, throttle body, intake manifold, intake). Plus you aren't plumbing into your fuel line, which means less that might go wrong on the install. Go talk to a performance shop, and ask them. Every one I asked said a DRY kit is better unless you are running a turbo motor.

·
Grenaded piston
6,594 Posts
userlain said:
you know if a paintball co2 tank will store nitrous safely?
It probably will, but the problem is finding someone to fill it. They'll say this tank is not approved for nitrous, so we can't fill it.

Your better off buying a small nitrous bottle.

·
poor college student
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
white90dx said:
You have yet to give me any faith that you know enough about cars to fabricate anything... That's why I suggested that you buy a pre-built well designed kit... I'm just looking out for you, man.

-Charlie
Is this supposed to be an insult? And for your information; I know quite a bit, and I research quite a bit, and if I am unsure of something I will post here and ask.

I appreciate you looking out for me, but I don't appreciate how you insult my intelligence.

·
3s-gte in a Camry?!?
'89 Camry Alltrac
8,757 Posts
userlain said:
Is this supposed to be an insult? And for your information; I know quite a bit, and I research quite a bit, and if I am unsure of something I will post here and ask.

I appreciate you looking out for me, but I don't appreciate how you insult my intelligence.
The questions you asked me in PMs showed me that you haven't done much research. If you believe it to be otherwise, that's your opinion. Go talk in person with those who have successfully used nitrous on their own personal cars and also with places that have successfully installed them on cars if you want to be safe and smart about it.

I'll be very happy for you if it works out for you. I will also feel bad if you didn't heed the advice of the people on here and you blow your motor.

-Charlie

1 - 20 of 20 Posts