Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a late model 92 Camry v6 le. I am in the process of replacing the stock head unit with a new Kenwood. My question is, when I removed the stock unit I noticed that it had two different ports for two antennas with two different size male connectors. My Kenwood unit only has one port. I’m guessing one is for fm and the other for am radio. What should I do? I need to have both am and fm radio.
Thanks a lot in advanced.
Fuzion

·
Registered
750 Posts
Only one of them is for the ant. Usually the one on the right, looking fr the back. There is no seperate ant for am/fm. You may need an adaptor for the stock cable to connect to the Kenwood.
good luck

·
Registered
175 Posts
never heard of anything like that.....is there a cd changer setup in the trunk anywhere in your car?... some times there are places for the cd changer already made (like my friends vw golf) that has to tap into the antenna because there is no RCA jacks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I understand what u guys are saying because that’s how all the head unit installs I have done on other cars went. But this one is different. I finished installing my new unit and left one of the male antenna connectors unplugged. The one that looks exactly the same as a normal antenna connection but just a bit smaller and shorter is covered in electrical tape. The stereo works fine all the speakers work and everything but I don't have am radio.
What to do what to do?

onephatcracka, no i don't have a cd changer and also it doesn't have the amplifier either. it's just a basic casset player.
i'm going to have to go look to see if that connector goes all the way back to the power antenna. thats a great idea thanks

I’m gonna take some pictures of my stock unit to see if it helps some one identify my problem, and if that still doesn’t help I’ll take out the new stereo just to take a pix of the two male connectors I’m talking about.
By the way my stock model number is A11708 if that helps any.
Thanks so much for the quick replies.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
Luc
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing