Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Avalon XSE - Ruby Flare Pearl
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title pretty much sums it up - slight touch on turn signal stalk produces 3 flashes when changing lanes. Can it be programmed to flash 5 times? I actually like a couple flashes of warning and then more flashes until lane change is completed and 3 seems a little low...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Title pretty much sums it up - slight touch on turn signal stalk produces 3 flashes when changing lanes. Can it be programmed to flash 5 times? I actually like a couple flashes of warning and then more flashes until lane change is completed and 3 seems a little low...
You will find this works with all cars..most dont know about the lane change feature

·
Registered
2020 Avalon Limited
71 Posts
3 does seem a little short, but I haven't seen where it can be changed. I drive a 2015 Civic and it does 3 and stop as well. 5 would be nice, especially for exit ramps

·
Registered
2014 Avalon Limited
225 Posts
Yes it can be programed for 5 so it says in the manual. Will the dealer do it for free, don`t know. You might be able to do it yourself with the right tools. Only with (Techstream) maybe? I am not sure? Im not good with computer stuff. The 2014 Avalons and newer first offered the one touch signals. Or you can just push the stalk one more time after the second or third blink for 5 to 6 flashes instead for now. I think there all programed for 3 blinks, 5 would have been better from the factory for me too.

·
Mr. Roo
Lexus IS300
11,246 Posts
Quick tap is amazing, I love it so much I added it to my old car with a special relay system. In my CT200h, it's actually programmable on the car computer directly, so I changed mine from 3 to 5 blinks. 5 is just right. So you should be able to do yours too, though maybe only at the dealer (with techstream), depends on what the manual says. But yes this feature is programmable.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
i got this and was able to change it, i set it to 4. also changed some other things also enabled the optons to roll down all windows and open sunroof with keyfob too.
Which app did you select to make the changes? Cool on rolling down all the windows, and opening the sunroof too. Can you also roll up all the windows and close the sunroof from the keyfob too, or is it a one function from the keyfob??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts