Toyota Nation Forum banner

41 - 60 of 85 Posts

·
Slow 2010 RAV4 Sport
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
he asked for the cal id and such from my ecm. got it for him, no reply. im not holding my breath on anything toyota related anymore.
Who? The DAP tune guy/people?

That's unfortunate and I'm sorry to hear that. I don't think your experience would be the same with R9K. I'm trying to utilize him now before he gets to be too popular here and unreachable. :rofl:
The couple of guys I know of that has contacted him has had positive experiences as well.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Dyno results are in. Made 10whp more on R9k's tune! ??

Do you think that's a good comparison since OV didn't know about your mods?

Either way congrats! Overall what has your total power increase been over stock?
No not really, but they were aware of it after. Back in March, They gave me the option of resending in my ecu or waiting for the handheld tuner so I said to wait since he said it would within the next week that he would be done with the handheld, after I never got a response back since. In mid may I got tired of waiting so I asked if I could resend my ecu instead, again never got a reply back. I've tried reaching out to them a few times after about the the info on the tuner and still no respond. Now I'm not trying to bash on them or anything, I understand that they're busy but all I wanted was a straight answer from them. Now R9k on the other hand has been in contact with me the whole time through the process. Another thing that I liked was that his turnaround was the next day after he had received my ecu while ov had mine for 2 weeks. So I plan on keeping my business with R9k.

And thank you. Also I'm not quite sure as I never did a baseline dyno.

·
Slow 2010 RAV4 Sport
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #50 (Edited)
No not really, but they were aware of it after. Back in March, They gave me the option of resending in my ecu or waiting for the handheld tuner so I said to wait since he said it would within the next week that he would be done with the handheld, after I never got a response back since. In mid may I got tired of waiting so I asked if I could resend my ecu instead, again never got a reply back. I've tried reaching out to them a few times after about the the info on the tuner and still no respond. Now I'm not trying to bash on them or anything, I understand that they're busy but all I wanted was a straight answer from them. Now R9k on the other hand has been in contact with me the whole time through the process. Another thing that I liked was that his turnaround was the next day after he had received my ecu while ov had mine for 2 weeks. So I plan on keeping my business with R9k.

And thank you. Also I'm not quite sure as I never did a baseline dyno.
Thanks for this information. I have been reading about OVT on other forums as well (Ex: Tundra and Lexus for instance) and have read similar stories.

I am really glad this was a positive experience for you.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,

Thanks Kevin for posting your results. Glad to hear you are happy with the results. The Stg.2 tune is now ready for everyone, so you are welcome to send your ECU for an update.

To everyone, if you have any questions feel free to email me at [email protected] . I currently have 2 ECU's in stock ready to ship.

Cheers.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi,

Thanks Kevin for posting your results. Glad to hear you are happy with the results. The Stg.2 tune is now ready for everyone, so you are welcome to send your ECU for an update.

To everyone, if you have any questions feel free to email me at [email protected] . I currently have 2 ECU's in stock ready to ship.

Cheers.
That's great news I most certainly will. You've made the process of all this so easy and quick. I Appreciate all your work.

·
Slow 2010 RAV4 Sport
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
It's mostly meant for people who run 93 octane and its an improvement over the previous available tune. I think I will change the naming system. Using stages confuses a lot of people.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks.
When I read about 'stages' as far as tuning goes, I know the higher the stage goes , the more horsepower is made. Never seemed confusing to me.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Rubber Ducky
849 Posts
How many miles do you have on your rav-4?

I am at 96k miles, so my concern is spring life and valve control at 7k.

·
Rubber Ducky
849 Posts
You should be fine as for spring life. The 2GRFE doesn't show any issues up to 7400rpm...its usually after 7600rpm that rocker arm issues start happening.
good deal. I'll actually be in San Juan april 19th-21st. May just bring the ecu with me. :)

41 - 60 of 85 Posts