Toyota Nation Forum banner

61 - 80 of 85 Posts

·
Slow 2010 RAV4 Sport
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
I am still having the ecu tuned/tweaked. Not any fault of R9K as I keep changing things physically with my RAV4's setup (Intercooler piping, piping size, etc). Lots of testing. Great guy to work with. Very helpful! Can't recommend him enough. :rockon:

And to think I've been searching on this forum for YEARS with very few people boosting their 2GR-FEs. Still looking for success stories and the guys that have turbocharged their 2GR-FE's kinda trailed off into oblivion. Need to look at the threads now to see if there were any updates.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Anyone else using the handheld and uploaded NA tunes yet? Just got my baseline dyno and will be uploading my tune in the next day or two - then getting another dyno run next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
114 Posts
Not yet, Ive been saving up for one. But I have gotten my ecu reflashed by them. What was your baseline? What current mods do you have?

Anyone else using the handheld and uploaded NA tunes yet? Just got my baseline dyno and will be uploading my tune in the next day or two - then getting another dyno run next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
I ran my 2009 Rav4 AWD 2GRFE with only the intake and exhaust and got 243whp and 232lbs-ft of torque on a mustang dyno. Can't wait to see what the 93 tune will do...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Nice man. Hope to see the numbers after the tune. Is the handheld tuner easy to use?

I ran my 2009 Rav4 AWD 2GRFE with only the intake and exhaust and got 243whp and 232lbs-ft of torque on a mustang dyno. Can't wait to see what the 93 tune will do...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Nice man. Hope to see the numbers after the tune. Is the handheld tuner easy to use?
Very easy to use. Has the ability to hold 5 different tunes. Each tune including going back to stock takes about 5min to load. Gustavo has been super responsive in helping get my tune dialed in. Here are a couple data logs from some 3rd gear pulls logged with TorquePro. Keep in mind, and WOT below 3000rpm the Rav4 will downshift into 2nd, so I have to slowly ease into about 4000, then I can go WOT. However, since R9K isn't able to modify the shift points, I'm shifting a little early than the rev limiter is set (7200). Still think there is some tweaking... Screenshot included also.

Attachments

·
Slow 2010 RAV4 Sport
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Very easy to use. Has the ability to hold 5 different tunes. Each tune including going back to stock takes about 5min to load. Gustavo has been super responsive in helping get my tune dialed in. Here are a couple data logs from some 3rd gear pulls logged with TorquePro. Keep in mind, and WOT below 3000rpm the Rav4 will downshift into 2nd, so I have to slowly ease into about 4000, then I can go WOT. However, since R9K isn't able to modify the shift points, I'm shifting a little early than the rev limiter is set (7200). Still think there is some tweaking... Screenshot included also.

This is awesome to see. Glad you are trying it out and am looking forward to results.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
Dyno. pull out one of the rear o2 sensors and stick the wideband in it.
The dyno I used doesn't log A/F ratios but simply sticks a wideband in the tailpipe and visually watches it. Think it was broke last time i did three pulls. Nothing actually tied to the dyno sheet. Does anyone recommend a Wideband that does logging?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey whats up guys i currently have a 2014 camry with the R9k tune but i dont have the handheld tuner. I was wondering if it's possible to dyno tune an N/A engine to get more out of it.or its more economic to just get the handheld tuner from Gustavo?

·
Rubber Ducky
849 Posts
The dyno I used doesn't log A/F ratios but simply sticks a wideband in the tailpipe and visually watches it. Think it was broke last time i did three pulls. Nothing actually tied to the dyno sheet. Does anyone recommend a Wideband that does logging?
That does read back to the dyno. A competent dyno operator will log afr while making a pull regardless if they are making changes to the vehicle or not. The AEM is the cheapest and easiest to use.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey whats up guys i currently have a 2014 camry with the R9k tune but i dont have the handheld tuner. I was wondering if it's possible to dyno tune an N/A engine to get more out of it.or its more economic to just get the handheld tuner from Gustavo?
The handheld tuner won't give you any advantage over an existing R9KTune but allows for faster revisions to be loaded. The handheld allows you to store up to 5 different tunes (all from R9K) and allows you to do revisions without sending him your ECU.

If you had no tune, the handheld would allow you to read the ECU calibration file, store it so it can be emailed to Gustavo. Once he has that file he can send you a tune or several depending what you pay for.

Since i have a tune already, R9K can send me revisions to the tune and I can have them uploaded from the handheld in literally 6 minutes.

61 - 80 of 85 Posts