Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I don't know how many Avalon drivers besides myself worry about performance. Still, i want to spread the word about a tuner that Myxaplyx in the Rav4 forums turned me on to. This is not an advertisement. When r9k posted a video of a camry v6 shifting at 7100rpm, someone asked if they could do the same for a 2013 Avalon. I dont know if they're on this forum, but i'll share my experiences nonetheless. Here's what they've done to my car so far...

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1461725973883432&id=1090960907626609

I havent gone to the track or dyno yet, but the car definitely feels a lot faster. Even under normal driving there seems ro be a lot more torque.

·
Inveterate Tinkerer
1,085 Posts
That Facebook page isn't very informative. Is this a chip change, a 'hookup to the OBDII port and upload' or does the ECU have to be sent to someone? Cost? Claimed HP/Torque increases? Will the car still pass smog tests? There are a few who might be interested on this forum.

Cheers!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That Facebook page isn't very informative. Is this a chip change, a 'hookup to the OBDII port and upload' or does the ECU have to be sent to someone? Cost? Claimed HP/Torque increases? Will the car still pass smog tests? There are a few who might be interested on this forum.

Cheers!
The ecu has to be sent. I ordered junk ecu off ebay for 80 bucks and used that while my ecu was away. Theres a trick with a paperclip toe get new ecus to work, bit its pretty easy He charged me 300+ shipping. He claimed 12-18 hp/tq for the v6 camry. The car should still pass emissions as long as no check engine lights are triggered. I have headers and can still pass smog check in illinois...:wink:

R9k is SUPER good at answering any questions. He's quick too...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
Moondoggy-X
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing