Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
A Poor College Student
1994 Camry Sedan LE
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my 62.5 square feet of Raamat off ebay for about $100 shipped... Has anyone used this stuff before? It was "easy" to install (simple, but time-consuming, gotta get in the trunk for a lot of areas), but lacks "sticking" ability. I've probably lost 10 sq ft of this stuff cause the adhesive basically melted due to the afternoon heat! It deadens sound really well, but I've gotta knock it for the poor adhesion, unless someone else has had this issue with Raamat or Dynamant or something similar..... I've got some before/after pics if anyone's interested.

·
A Poor College Student
1994 Camry Sedan LE
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since you live in a hot climate, I'd say go for Dynamat, assuming it sticks better than Raamat. I'll have pics up on Thursday, after I get my school's broadband connection. :D

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
With any kind of dampening you need to really clean the area good. It does help to use a heat gun and a roller. If you don't have a heat gun try a blow dryer. On the surfaces that are verticle or like the roof, use larger pieces.

·
Whine Connoisseur
6,583 Posts
Raamat is the sh1t! Poor adhesion?! That stuff was peeling off the skin on my hands to the point it started to hurt :eek::

Back to installation tips. As Rob already pointed out, clean the surface first. Secondly, heat helps but isn't necessary seeing as how you're in a relatively hot place. In terms of tools, I didn't have a rolling tool and so just grabbed a caster wheel that I had laying around. You're fingers will thank you! To cut the stuff, use a box cutter or a pair of snips.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts