Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
JDM 93 Toyota Mr-2
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey dudes what are the benefits of running race fuel in ya car ? the one that i use is SUNOCO GT PLUS 104 is there really a power increase or am i just wasting my money because its 65 bucks for a five gallon container!

·
I love Cin
91 Turbo MR2
2,312 Posts
$65 for 5 gallons is obscene.
I pay about $6/gallon (US) for 110 leaded Sunoco race fuel.

As for the performance benefit, there would be NONE if your car is running optimally.
Car's make the most power on the LOWEST octane fuel they can use WITHOUT getting detonation.

The more power you make, the more likely you are to detonate so race fuel becomes necessary.
Race fuel allows you to take more performance risks (higher boost, advanced timing, etc.)

If your car is running right, adding race fuel will most likely HURT performance.

·
Registered
JDM 93 Toyota Mr-2
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah dude the price is 65 bucks the reason being we have to import it here and theres all types of duty taxes we have to pay

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Clem, if you're gonna use the Sunoco race fuel, i suggest you disconnect your "efi" fuse or your negative battery terminal so that the ecu can reset and gain full use of the fuel right away... when the o2 sensor "tastes" the race fuel, it will in turn send a signal to the ecu, which will then give a little more timing and you can run a bit more boost than usual.

Peace...out!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts