Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Camry XSE V6 (JBL Premium+Navigation)
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone know how to get this cover off behind the rear view mirror. I am trying to access the connector to tap and power my radar detector. If you can point out the colors for + and - Cable that would be a plus. Thank you in advance.
IMG_0178.jpg

IMG_0179.jpg

IMG_0180.jpg

·
2018 Camry XSE V6
2,296 Posts
There are two parts right, the small panel where the mirror goes in, and the bigger panel. First, take the small panel off. It pulls straight down. Put your fingers in the gap and pull it down. The bigger panel, you need to slide it down with the direction of the winshield. Do not pull it straight down. I switched out my mirror with the avalon touring mirror. Also, it's held down with a star screw or torx screw.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry, but that link above isn’t tapping into the mirror, at least not on a 2020 XLE. He appears to be tapping into the GPS unit. The mirror (with homelink) only has 3 wires.

·
Registered
7 Posts
These are the ones you tap into. I just did mine today with my Valentine 1 radar.
Positive 12V terminal is red and negative ground is black. Goes to the wire colors shown. This ensures it only powers on when the car starts and turns off when the car is off.

·
2018 Camry XSE V6
2,296 Posts
Sorry, but that link above isn’t tapping into the mirror, at least not on a 2020 XLE. He appears to be tapping into the GPS unit. The mirror (with homelink) only has 3 wires.
That's because he is tapping into the camera sensor unit, not the gps unit or the mirror. You can see the mirror in the picture and it's just a regular non powered mirror. The xle has the auto dimming mirror with homelink as standard. So you can tap into the powered mirror as well but for those that don't have the auto dimming mirror, can use the camera sensor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts