Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering how you all mounted you radar detectors, pics would be appreciated. Also do you all have those stupid dots above your rear-view mirror? Will the suction cups stick or can they be removed?

Thanks,

Tim

·
Registered
2005 tacoma trd
866 Posts
the low ya can keep your radar dector the better radar signals are aimed low

·
Registered
147 Posts

I bought a welding lens at Home Depot and glued it in place over the mirror. It works great and the dark tent of the lens blends in with the black dots. I have a Valintine One and they recomend that the detector be mounted high in the windshield, near the center. This gives the most unobstructed view ahead. Mounted low the hood will block some of the field of view.

·
Canadian TN User
06 Radiant Red XR
41 Posts
I installed mine by building a bayonet mount from a metal strip. This mount curves up and over-top of the headliner and sticks to a piece of existing double stick tape. I then put a small piece of foam tube between the detector and the headliner to stop it from bouncing on rough roads. The detector is hard wired to the compass harness in the OH console.

Reg

·
Registered
128 Posts
Thats a sweet idea... What did you use to glue the lens to the glass??

Rotorwrench said:

I bought a welding lens at Home Depot and glued it in place over the mirror. It works great and the dark tent of the lens blends in with the black dots. I have a Valintine One and they recomend that the detector be mounted high in the windshield, near the center. This gives the most unobstructed view ahead. Mounted low the hood will block some of the field of view.

·
Registered
230 Posts
it may be possible to take a razor blade and scrape off the dots...just an idea.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I glued the welding lens on with contact cement. I tried to scrap the dots off, but it would have taken hours. Those things are on there very good.

·
Registered
153 Posts
purpose of those dots?

What is the purpose of those dots?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts