Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Did somebody say "Nachos"
1992 Toyota Camry
550 Posts
Isn't it kind of soon for a rad flush ?
Unless you had your 03 early in 02 ?
You should be good for 3+ years especially on a brand new system.
Please, auto-care experts, correct me if I'm wrong.

·
96 3MZ M/T
Camry
2,879 Posts
actualy you should be correct toyota's come with long life coolent that last around 4 years if not normal life that last 2 years and i have left in my car for 6 years with no problems

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
whats your milage? dealership flushes are a scams....i remember when i did a flush on my camry..and took it in for an oild change, they told me records indicate i've not flushed it with them and i need to do it. I aslked them to check the system as i did flush it yesterday..the service guy said..the resivor has nothing but water..i was like YES i know its summer..and i run 30/70 in the radiator..and straight water in the resivor...

·
Triple A Whore
Highlander & Civic
7,684 Posts
Do the newer Toyotas run that orange Dexcool stuff? I know GM cars have for the past few years. The Dexcool is supposed to be less maintenance than the old green stuff.

I just drained and filled my green stuff yesterday. Ran some water through it and got out some dirty stuff. It wasn't bad; I have owned the car for more than 4 years and hadn't done anything to the coolant.

Also changed the oil and changed the tranny filter and fluid for good measure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.