Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys - I intend to do a flush on my 2013 Toyota Tacoma with Valvoline Asian coolant. However, it appears to me that they only make a 50/50 blend.
Should I be concerned that with the residue water in the block my coolant water mix will be something less then 50/50. I leave in Virginia so it never gets much below 0 degrees F.
Or can I buy a bottle of concentrate say Toyota OME or and just mix with my Valvoline product? I don't' want to buy all new coolant so those are my options.

·
Tennessee Tacoma Pilot
213 Posts
There are two block drain plugs, one one each side. Hard to find but they are there. You can drain them and put a shop vac on blow, then put the nozzle over the radiator or in a removed hose and pressurize the system with air. It will get most of the old anti-freeze out.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Hi guys - I intend to do a flush on my 2013 Toyota Tacoma with Valvoline Asian coolant. However, it appears to me that they only make a 50/50 blend.
Should I be concerned that with the residue water in the block my coolant water mix will be something less then 50/50. I leave in Virginia so it never gets much below 0 degrees F.
Or can I buy a bottle of concentrate say Toyota OME or and just mix with my Valvoline product? I don't' want to buy all new coolant so those are my options.
No, don't worry the part you can't drain. How do I know? Because I have an '09 that calls for 8 quarts. So I drain the two jackets, one on each side of the car inboard of the tires, and drain the radiator. I refill from 2 jugs of Toyota brand 50/50 premix. There is always a quart left over, so there is about a quart I can't get out. But, the truck has 282,000 miles on it, doesn't leak ANY fluids, and runs like a champ.

Using a flush: You'd probably leave a lot of flush mixed in with the new AF.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts