Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
16 Scion tC
19,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, has anyone done their radiator recently? I was told when my clutch went in a few months back that my rad was starting to look like it will develop issues eventually (some dried up coolant along the seams, but no major leaks yet).

These two came up on my Rockauto interest list, Denso for obvious OEM reasons, and TYC(rebadged from Koyo sometimes from what I read online) does anyone have either one installed on their cars?

Thanks!

·
Registered
441 Posts
I got a Denso and am happy with it, It came with the fittings needed on it and was reasonble. I got mine on Amazon and got free shipping using a trial offer for Prime shipping.( I signed up and canceled in a month . ) I was surprised how inexpensive it was!!!!

·
16 Scion tC
19,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got a Denso and am happy with it, It came with the fittings needed on it and was reasonble. I got mine on Amazon and got free shipping using a trial offer for Prime shipping.( I signed up and canceled in a month . ) I was surprised how inexpensive it was!!!!
I know right?? just wonder if the quality is slightly off from the OEM rads, but I mean it's comparable in price to a lot of aftermarket rads... so who knows.

·
Registered
Look in sig
8,665 Posts
I've heard good for both, although I just normally get Denso because I've had great luck with Denso in general.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Just my $0.02:

DFIAB, Don't fix if it ain't broken. Local chain stores have a loaner radiator pressurizing pump. Ensure its not just a radiator cap and its truly on way out? But, weather is great right now IME. How much are radiators? Replacing thermostat, too?

·
16 Scion tC
19,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just my $0.02:

DFIAB, Don't fix if it ain't broken. Local chain stores have a loaner radiator pressurizing pump. Ensure its not just a radiator cap and its truly on way out? But, weather is great right now IME. How much are radiators? Replacing thermostat, too?
Yeah I mean, it hasn't broken and it's not overheating... but I foresee in the next few months to a year that I will end up needing it.

I'm putting some parts together on Rockauto to do my front brakes and fix E-brake, so I figured hey... why not get it now and keep it for later? but with Rockauto's prices and shipping, it will cost me the same now than it would later. I will need more stuff later on so I'm probably just going to get my brake parts, then later do the rest. :)

·
Registered
2005 Corolla
532 Posts
I've installed DENSO part no. 2210514 from Rock Auto on my 05 Corolla about 9 months ago. Fitment was spot on, so far it is functioning well with no issues.

·
16 Scion tC
19,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've installed DENSO part no. 2210514 from Rock Auto on my 05 Corolla about 9 months ago. Fitment was spot on, so far it is functioning well with no issues.
Awesome, just what I was looking for... Any pictures of it? did you do anything else on top?? (T-stat, hoses, etc...)

·
Registered
2005 Corolla
532 Posts
Awesome, just what I was looking for... Any pictures of it? did you do anything else on top?? (T-stat, hoses, etc...)
Sorry no pics. I replaced the upper and lower hoses, water pump and thermostat for good measure since everything was original with over 130,000 miles on the car.

·
Various Toyotas
4,084 Posts
I have used Denso radiators in other cars (Toyota Camry and a Mazda Tribute) and have had zero problems with them. Never tried a TYC radiator, but I have a TYC starter that has been flawless for about three years now. I would go with Denso first, but would have no concern about using TYC as I have heard no negative reports about that brand.

335K miles on my 2004 Corolla and I still have the original radiator, thermostat, water pump, and hoses. Never had a problem. I have done regular flushes with distilled water and use a P-HOAT coolant, so that's probably why.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts