Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 Sienna Limited AWD. I removed the front lower splash shield to install a Magnefine inline transmission fluid filter. When I dropped the splash shield this extra plastic piece fell out. I cannot figure out where it fits back in!
I left it out and reinstalled the splash shield while I figure this out.
It is part number 53294-08050 and is called the LH Radiator Support Air Deflector. Parts drawings show a similar one on the passenger side which I cannot see from above. I don't want to drop the main splash shield to look for it in hopes it will tell me how to install the other one until I know more.
Parts drawings also are no help in figuring out how to re-install it. Here are photos attached.

Here is a link to an online parts place description and drawing. 2015-2016 Toyota Sienna Deflector 53294-08050 | Toyota Parts

I was hoping someone else was familiar with how to install this part. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
290 Posts
The part attaches at the left (at the bottom) of the rad and in front of it. The second photo shows the correct orientation with the "hooks" pointing toward the front of the vehicle an. Unfortunately, the part attaches with three clips on the back but it appears yours have broken off. If you haven't noticed any issues with the engine overheating, I suggest going without.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks, I noticed the 3 areas on the flat side which is where the clips broke off. Surprised I did not hear it rattling around.
Does a new one come with those clips attached? It looks that way to me because the exploded parts drawing does not show any additional clip parts for it. What do you think?

Found this used one on eBay ($35) with a nice photo of the clips but I may just order a new one for about $52 - $55.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts