Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Lord of the Sith
CAMRY 93' !!1!
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

spent today working on a radiator swap on my car. After 2 1/2 hrs, the old one is out...

But we have a glitch; The rad I got from rockauto is for an automatic car (has 2 little things on the bottom, meant to feed coolant through the transaxle on an automatic). Now, what am I supposed to do? :confused: I was thinking to link them with a piece of hose, but want to get input before I do that. Thanks a bundle!

·
What Toyota?
2008 Saab 9-3
10,477 Posts
It's actually for the tranny fluid to cycle through. I'd just leave it open or cap both ends off.

·
Lord of the Sith
CAMRY 93' !!1!
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's actually for the tranny fluid to cycle through. I'd just leave it open or cap both ends off.
Ah, I thought coolant was actually circulated through there lol

if it is close enough just you could also loop a hose to cover both outlets. some of thoes fittings are tough to get a good cap for.
^That's what I did - $10 at canadian tire for the hose :lol:

Rad is installed, was feeling a bit cheap, so I bought 3.78L (a gallon?) of concentrated antifreeze, and 2 gallons of distilled water - that should be good coolant for the timebeing, and I'm going to change the fluids again in a few weeks, just need to be able to survive in case the temp goes into -1, -2 in those few weeks.

Rad cap was $17 though - I'm thinking that's a tad bit expensive, so tomorrow going to NAPA and this other store nearby and seeing how much they would charge me for the cap.

Now I'm set for the strip on friday :D

·
抵抗しても無駄だ
2002 Solara SLE V6
9,091 Posts
get the new rad cap from dealer only. many have learned it the hard way, don't repeat their mistakes, OEM rad cap is only thing that works 100%.

good luck with your project ! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts